Zorst etimology

Zzzz...

Hello all

I have been in this forum for a while and it was in these forums that i first heard of the word Zorst, the same as pop-charger...referring to exhaust systems and air intake ducts... wikipedia does not have the answer either... :p

Now, can someone shed some light where do these words come from?

They are not automotive industry terms, and I guess it might be referring to a brand ( like hoovers are actually vaccumm cleaners...)

and what does Zorst entail ?

Just the RR Muffler? or the complete exhaust system?.

I did not want to declare my ignorance in public, but everyone keeps talking of zorst, nismo zorsts, other zorsts and I finally cracked ....

I NEED TO KNOW! :rant: ... what is the origin of this word!!!

Please help a very traumatised individual... :wacko:

Guest prescience

I think it's an Aussie term?

I did a search for 'zorst' on 350z-tech and it ONLY crops up in the Australia section :thumbs:

Ask the same question there to appease your suffering :lol:

Guest prescience

I must've missed what the post is asking :blush: I thought it was not what the term meant but rather where it originated (etymology) i.e. who or where first used 'zorst' as a short-form of 'exhaust'

I must've missed what the post is asking :blush: I thought it was not what the term meant but rather where it originated (etymology) i.e. who or where first used 'zorst' as a short-form of 'exhaust'

Probably just some lazy bugger who couldn't be arsed to say "ex-zorst". :wacko:

Zorst -> X-Zorst-> Exhaust I get it... now :yahoo:

and it woudl make sense some lazy ozzy.. (sorry australian) :blush: would start this trend...

I feel like a tonne of exhaust metal has finally been lifted of my shoulder and a ray of sunshine hits me with the the warmth of enlightment... :lol:

I would like, therefore, that from now on we will promote the Queens English Grammar to be applied to all threads, and avoid the deterioration of this great language into a slanged, text type talk...

antitext.gif

PS: being half spanish I don't think my english is in any way correct and the grammar will leave something to be desired, but please bare with me... :teeth::p:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I’m afraid you’ve all got it wrong.

Not a lot of people know this, but ZORST actually originated in Roswell in 1947 when a space craft came a cropper there in the Nevada desert. Apparently it was dragging this long banner behind it made from some kind of advanced and very thin aluminum foil material and bearing the letters ZORST along its length.

The local rancher, who found it reported it to the local sheriff who contacted the local military and between them they puzzled for hours but couldn’t understand what it meant, so gave up went home and kicked the cat.

Me however, being a little bit knowledgeable in these matters know this to mean, your Z Out Runs my Space Transport. Obvious when you think about it. :yahoo:

Im on nightshift so please excuse!

I’m afraid you’ve all got it wrong.

Not a lot of people know this, but ZORST actually originated in Roswell in 1947 when a space craft came a cropper there in the Nevada desert. Apparently it was dragging this long banner behind it made from some kind of advanced and very thin aluminum foil material and bearing the letters ZORST along its length.

The local rancher, who found it reported it to the local sheriff who contacted the local military and between them they puzzled for hours but couldn’t understand what it meant, so gave up went home and kicked the cat.

Me however, being a little bit knowledgeable in these matters know this to mean, your Z Out Runs my Space Transport. Obvious when you think about it. :yahoo:

Im on nightshift so please excuse!

:lol: Get some sleep, mate!

• 2 weeks later...

Being a self confessed ETYMOLOGIST and wordsmith of the queens fair language, a lexicographer of great steadfastness, I was horrified, nay indignant in the highest degree to see the one word that reigns above all others in this language and covers in a multiplentitude my ongoing love affair with all things language related, ETYMOLOGIST spelled incorrectly!!

LOL

Ming the WORD WORKER

• 2 months later...
Well Ming, I dodn't even know what an etymologist was... or is that matter!

Stew the dumass :teeth:

Stew

Etymologist = wordsmith.

Someone who looks at the historically verifiable sources of the formation of a word and the developement of its meaning.

I just love word for words sake mate. LOL

Ming the Thinker

I FOUND THE BEST WEBSITE FOR THE BUDDING ETYMOLOGIST!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hotforwords

I love learning...I do... :teeth:;):lol::D:)