Odd tyres on rear

chris w

I just noticed that i have a slow flat on the rear, now i dont want to get a brand new tyre as when i come to change the other side the wear depth will be different ,

and i dont want to replace both as theres nothing wrong with the other side.

so whats peeps opinions on two different makes of tyres on the rear ie; for the diff will it affect it?

cheers

ps its got the oem re040's on and only done 14k

:scare: so i'll have to fork out for two tyres, when i only need one:rant:

oh well gues i could do so drifting on the old set and burnout etc...:lol:

I'm sure others will be along to give their opinion, but if it were me, i would change both for a new pair of the same make.

Ideally you would buy a used bridgestone with exactly same level of wear as your other one but where are you going to find one like that? And would you trust buying a used tyre for a 280 bhp RWD car? :blush:

I had odd tyre tread depths on mine when I bought it - previous owner must have had a puncture and had just one tyre replaced leaving the other one near the legal limit.

When accelerating over uneven ground it made the car feel very skittish over the road and round tight bends at any sort of speed it certainly felt a little less stable than normal.

Replacing the other tyre so I then had two of the same wear level on the rear made a world of difference.

Having different tyre brands may also lead to the same as you will have different grip levels etc as others have said. Its annoying but both may bave to be replaced.

If you can collect, I have one rear and one front RE040 that are taking up room in the garage, only done about 4k before being taken off the car.

You pay the cost for the local tyre shop to take it off the rim, buy us a pint at a meet and you can have the tyre. :)

nice one thanks for the offer chesterfield, i think i might take you up on the offer although would only have cash your way, to give. could send you a pint glass and a can lol...only joking. i take it that your down in chesterfield?

cheers

That is correct.

I had a full set of standard wheels and tyres, but one front tyre got a puncture and cant find a place that will repair it - plus, wouldnt feel quite right selling anyone a tyre for a 155mph car that had been repaired, so I think thats one for the tip.

I used one of the rears on the GT4 to replace the almost worn out one, leaving me with a full set of wheels but only two with tyres - one front and one rear.

If you can make it to Chesterfield at any point then you are welcome to the tyre as I say. Let me know and Ill get it taken off the rim for you. :thumbs:

Or if you want I could always bring it to a meet?

That is correct.

I had a full set of standard wheels and tyres, but one front tyre got a puncture and cant find a place that will repair it - plus, wouldnt feel quite right selling anyone a tyre for a 155mph car that had been repaired, so I think thats one for the tip.

I used one of the rears on the GT4 to replace the almost worn out one, leaving me with a full set of wheels but only two with tyres - one front and one rear.

If you can make it to Chesterfield at any point then you are welcome to the tyre as I say. Let me know and Ill get it taken off the rim for you. :thumbs:

Or if you want I could always bring it to a meet?

just thought mines a JDM Z and i have 17" alloys or a better indicator is 235/50/17 and i take it yours are the 18" rays?

As Sarnie said, don't mix it.

I have two RE040's in my gagrage from when I changed to the Toyo's, probably have similar mileage on to yours. Am open to offers. :)

i take it by your sig that you have 18" rays as well? and the tyres are 18" profile?

As Sarnie said, don't mix it.

I have two RE040's in my gagrage from when I changed to the Toyo's, probably have similar mileage on to yours. Am open to offers. :)

i take it by your sig that you have 18" rays as well? and the tyres are 18" profile?

Sorry mate. Yes, they are indeed. OEM spec and size. I can do some pictures later for you if you want? :)

just thought mines a JDM Z and i have 17" alloys or a better indicator is 235/50/17 and i take it yours are the 18" rays?

Thats correct - Ive got 18 inch tyres.

As Mike said though, Ive got the OEM wheels if you want them, open to offers for the wheels - but then you are back to square one requiring two more tyres, as two of the rims are without rubber.

Only buy a pair of tyres. No, how about getting 18" wheels instead? - We can certainly spend someone else's money on here :lol:

17" on a 350z :scare: Start saving for 18" AT LEAST. 19" looks sweeeee, eeee, eeet.

LOL i bet i was looking at some 19" 'ASA' my mates have just seen for sale £500 without tyres and in top condition. :teeth: