Orders for new GTR

dunker

The GT-R isn't scheduled to hit the Japan market until this fall. Typically, it's 6-8 months before any other market gets the car. In the US, the GT-R is currently scheduled for release sometime in the spring of '08, and if Nissan holds true to form, you can tack a few months on that, so maybe summer of '08 for the US market. To my knowledge, dealers here haven't even started taking orders. My guess is they'll start taking orders in Jan '08 with an Aug '08 delivery.

I thought odd that Nissan-UK still lists the GT-R as a concept, but Nissan-USA lists it as a done deal. I wonder if your dealer is planning on importing the Japan spec before the UK release?

It has been said amongst the corridors of power at Nissan that they want to get the GTR released in Europe as quick as possible, hence the day out at Goodwood! So it shouldn't be the standard get it months after the North American and Japanese markets line that they normally follow.

As they say...911 watch out!!!

Shame on the pricing. Not that its not value for money, clearly if it performs as well as the rumours, then its certainly great value, but rumours of £35k base spec and upward to £55k for the top V-spec model seem to have dissapeared.

Im guessing the states wont be selling it for $110k, so us Brits ar going to get the smelly end of the stick as always.

Had the car been priced fairly or along the lines that were suggested, then Tracy may have twisted my arm by now to put a deposit down, but a £55k price tag combined with my experience of paint issues on the Z and not being totally convinced of Nissans customer service, I'll not be parting with that ammount of cash for a new Nissan.

Another 10k at the time the GTR comes out and I think you'll be very close to second hand Aston Martin V8 territory.

My guess in the States is around $65K to put it well under the Vette Z-06 and Viper -- the main US competition. Then after (if) it gets a hold in the market, they'll up the ante with a second higher spec model around $90-$100K (two years or so).

Im guessing that would be even higher than the £55k in the UK. Possibly getting toward £70k or more :scare:

Even the most hardened Nissan fan would be pushed to justify that much on the brand wouldnt they? Although Ill bet it goes like, and handles like stink!

• 4 weeks later...