confusing oil level.

dannybz

Okay checked today before even starting looks quite low i think... surprising since when i purchased her a few weeks ago was meant to have a full oil and filter change.. hmmm makes me wonder... unless i have caning it too hard. I only done around 700 miles though.

Now i tried taking offt he oil cap, and for the life of me i can not get it off.. which way is it meant to turn clockwise or anti? seems like its friggen glued on!

Your oil looks pretty black for an oil change of a few weeks ago

Edit: If you don't know what oil is in it, don't just go topping it up with something else, change the whole lot inc filter.

Edited by ts743
  • Like 1

Okay checked today before even starting looks quite low i think... surprising since when i purchased her a few weeks ago was meant to have a full oil and filter change.. hmmm makes me wonder... unless i have caning it too hard. I only done around 700 miles though.

Now i tried taking offt he oil cap, and for the life of me i can not get it off.. which way is it meant to turn clockwise or anti? seems like its friggen glued on!

Your oil looks pretty black for an oil change of a few weeks ago

Edit: If you don't know what oil is in it, don't just go topping it up with something else, change the whole lot inc filter.

+1. Your oil to me doesn't really look all that new as you might expect with just having an oil change a few weeks ago. :dry:

I'd probably do what ts743 has suggested and just do an oil change ~ that way you know it's definitely been done and done right.

The oil a lot of us Zed owners use is 5W30 btw ~ I personally use Fuchs ProS but Motuls another good oil & I'm sure others have their own recommendations. :thumbs:

I dont really have time to change do an oil and filter change i'd have to take it to somebody to do, but i want it topped up.. if i use a small amount say 3 qs of 1 litre should it be okay? I mean if i dont know whats in it can it do much damage or?