3" centre pipe!

Paz216

Right guys, went and saw a local guy at the weekend to pick up a second hand exhaust. He just had it sitting around in the shed for a couple of years and just wanted rid of it. Picked it up yesterday and it says Apexi on the tip, and has "Jasma" engraved on the underside of one tip, but nothing on the other? First of all is this exhaust any good? And mainly, where on earth can I find a 3" centre section to fit this so I can get it on! My local fabricator can't fit me in until September, so I'm happy to pay a premium for a decent flanged 3" to 2 and three quarter (standard y pipe) can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? Cheers guys!

Yup. Jasma is just the Japanese Standard. Kinda like the Kite mark here in the UK.

There should be a number on the Jasma plate. The number corresponds to the manufacturer. You can look the number up on Google. I have the list somewhere but can't find it at the moment.

If it's an Apexi it's rare as hens teeth. So a great find.

It should marry up to the OEM centre pipe as I think they were sold as back boxes only.

There should be some numbers on the jasma stamp which will tell you the manufacturer, but If its got Apexi, i guess its made by them, decent jdm brand!

Missed Lex's reply whilst typing :)

Edited by Jetpilot

Okay so I can't actually upload any of the pictures from my iPhone because there all to big, anyways I can cross reference the markings and see if they do link to Apexi! But it still stands, 3" centre section? Don't really want to go back to standard with silencers!

Open a Photobucket account and upload your pics there, then copy the tag to your post.

If you don't want the OEM mid pipe or it won't match up, then you will have to get a custom job as I reckon there is zero chance of getting an Apexi mid pipe in the near future.

Where abouts you based? I'm sure members will be able to recommend a variety of custom exhaust shops who could help.

Looking at the images on google, there seems to be a couple of types, but either one looks like it would be pretty loud without centre silencer. Pending on where you live, you should be able to find an exhaust place that can make something up easily enough :)

I am just too slow today :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Agreed, I'm based in Surrey but am in Cheltenham practically every weekend. I've always used Edwards Motorsport in Uxbridge. Small little place but the work is second to none and I would highly recommend them, at present there booked up until September! So I need a quick fix!