Error code help please..

rjohnson1993

right had the engine managment light professionally diagnosed today and it brang up the code P0011- intake valve timing control.

the car runs fine no loss of power, but doesnt idle perfect, sounds a little poorly.

Car had an oil change 2 days before i bought the car and i heard poor oil could cause this? is this true? light wasnt on and idle was fine before the change.

what else could it be? starting to worry me a bit.

thanks.

Ok I may be well wide of the mark but I have had a 0300 code keep coming up.

It said coil pack etc.

It was running rich and I to started to panic.

Last week it did not want to start and kept flooding to the extent I had to take out the fuel pump fuse (No 81 15amp blue by battery).

To get it to start.

I serviced it on Saturday and whilst it was on the ramp we noticed that once again the poorly positioned Air Filter had blocked solid

to the extent it was sucking it'self in.

Try looking for simple things and check the air filter.

Like I said I could be a mile away or very close.

I have found that its easy to panic when we have an expensive car and quite often it is something nearer to home.

Good luck :)

If you are concerned about the oil quality then I would advise that you swop the oil and filter out for proper stuff now. Best to spend £50.00 now than 3 grand later, on an engine transplant. Alex :)

Edited by ZMANALEX