UpRevving a Revup

CJRamze

As with all of my cars I like to increase power from standard, Until now all of my cars have been turbo'd so with Exhaust, Intake and small hardware adjustments I would see HUGE gains from a remap.

However the Zed is a very different animal and there are a number of versions, Now I'm a bit noobey so help me out there.

I have the 2006, Single Intake, I think its the DE engine thats classed as Revup.

I've been religiously checking the oil but it doesn't seem to be using any currently (maybe I'm lucky)

Anyhow because Nissan sold my version for all of 12 months threads on modifying are not as common as Stock DE and HR threads so I was wondering.

Has anyone Uprev'd a Revup?

I mean stock they are supposed to be 297?

Which is about as high as most tuners and modifiers are achieving with the basic mods on DE motors.

I was looking to do the usual, Plenum spacer, Exhaust system, Intake and any various other items but I'm starting to wonder if because its 'Revup' already that maybe those items will make little to no difference and I should just save for FI (supercharger) and sit pretty until that time...

Sorry if this has been asked before I did have a brief search

Edited by CJRamze

You'll gain about the same as the DE gets, so maybe 20bhp across the board. That assumes you've done all the breathing mods though, as you say.

If you think you might go FI, then personally I would wait and save. If you probably won't, then it's a very good way to go and definitely worth considering. :)

• Like 1

To FI or not to FI

Its expensive but it may be worth it, It'll likely take me atleast a year or longer to save for FI so we'll have to see how impatient I grow!

Might just get a front end respray, fit the brakes and have her detailed for now, see how long that holds my Zeditus for!

I've got a bit of a budget at the moment (Currently out in tenerife) so not sure how much the holiday will totally cost me.

How much are you looking for that lower plenum. I've read that I should also get the upper spaced out to see good gains.

I really cant contain this Zeditus

Pre revup with same mods such as exhaust spacer etc will gain more TQ I believe than the revup with the same mods. The revup will gain higher BHP results than the pre revup.

Correct the lower plenum needs to be replaced and spacer for the revup.

I chased the number and with a 75 shot NOS with all mods reached TQ of 309 at the hubs. I think BHP was about 307 at the hubs.

Say you spent £2k on NA mods, you'd for sure give the car more alertness, and can be enjoyed moreso than standard.

For £7k'ish depending on what you purchase and if new/second hand parts you'll achieve some great power with FI.

It's all about how much you want to spend and how far you want to go with power. Both have their pro's and cons.

• Like 1

I've been umming and Ah'ing about this for a while now

Think I'm going to get the zed into a good place cosmetically first and then save for forced induction.

I like the idea of Supercharging, from what I can see the power band is more linear

Started scouring forums and ended up seeing Ians posts on the HKS setup on the my350z forums.

I think you might be right Ian, I'll likely chase NA gains and be unsatisified I'll have to see how the next few months pan out.

If you go Supercharged go for Vortech over HKS.

The HKS kit is better built & quieter, but it doesn't make as much power & the power it does make is pretty high in the rev range. Mine didn't make full boost until around 5-5.5K RPM