BLACK ENGINE COVER......STAY OR GO ?

JEMAN

Hi all, now I've been fiddling under the bonnet today and have removed the black plastic cover and rather liked what I saw. I've cleaned the engine a bit and I'm leaning towards keeping the cover of. I'm presuming that the cover is for cosmetics only but would like to know what your thoughts are to the cover preference ?

imagejpg1_zps79d65435.jpg

imagejpg2_zps6e0f60c6.jpg

Cheers

Yes I see what you meen. My wife doesn't like it without the cover on because of the hoses and the state of the front end.......I'm tempted to see how much polishing I can do before it goes back on..........there must be something out on the market that can get into all those nooks and crannys like a dremmel with a soft polishing stone or something like that ?

I think it looks a bit of a mess tbh without the cover. Even if it was polished up with the Rare JDM cover I still think it looks a bit untidy.

Have you thought about changing the cover?

May be a carbon fibre one like the great one's Tarmac Sportz do; http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_Tarmac_Sportz_CF_Engine_Cover/350TSCFEC_.aspx

Or possibly Hydro dipping your existing cover?

;)

• Like 1