Connect Premium Question!

mike89

Does anybody have any idea how to change the sat nav maps page from Day colours to night colours? I can turn the brightness down at night time, but it is still day colours. I have played about with it a few times and couldn't locate it in the settings. Feel like a plonker having to ask this :dry:

Tried to google this because I can't find the manual but all I was able to find was one for the basic connect system.

Isn't there a button on the right hand side of the nav console with a picture of a sun and a moon that toggles between them? Mine also changes automatically when the lights are switched on.

Nope, that button only turns the brightness down, doesn't change the colours for me. And I normally always have my lights on, so they don't seem to be linked to the sat nav in any way

I've had a wee look on the 'net, but haven't tried it myself:

Go to SETTINGS > DISPLAY > DISPLAY ADJUSTMENT > BACKGROUND COLOUR then I think you can use the sun/moon button to toggle between day/night mode and tailor individual settings from there.

(Found a copy of a US manual here: http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpubs/2010/2010-Nissan-08IT-Navi.pdf )

(Found a copy of a US manual here: http://www.nissanusa...n-08IT-Navi.pdf )

Looks like you may need Chapter 8, page 5 - known as page 8-5.

...although it seems weird that your screen doesn't change to night-time automatically when your lights are switched on - I don't know anyone else with this issue. I may need to sit in the car and get to the bottom of it - just like you do!

Right - I think I'm in a position to help you a bit now, having fiddled around in the Display Settings screen earlier today (in an effort to help you) and cocked it up, giving me a similar problem to you!

My problem was that I accidentally set it to Night Mode - even when the headlights were switched off - and for quite a while I didn't manage to set it back to 'auto'.

My best advice is as follows...

1. Make sure your headlights are switched off.

2. Go to Settings > Display > Background Colour

3.Toggle the Day/Night button until you get the 'daytime' image in the small preview screen.

Try that - If it doesn't work first time, keep fiddling with different settings in that particular menu, because eventually you'll hit on the correct setting.

I managed it - and my satnav now switches to the 'night screen' again, every time I switch the headlights on.

The reassuring thing is that your satnav isn't faulty and it is able to toggle between Day & Night - you just haven't got it on the correct setting yet. Someone's clearly fiddled with it in the past, beacuse you aren't currently on the default setting.

If you get really desperate, you could always try hitting the 'default' button, as follows...

Settings > Navigation > Reset All Navigation Settings to Default > press Enter > select Yes > press Enter.

This won't delete your memory items, such as stored destinations.

Hope this helps.

Edited by chubbster
  • Like 2

Good reply mate - I expect that'll solve the issue.

To be honest, I think that resetting the Defaults may be the easiest way to do it - That Satnav manual is a nightmare, don't you think?

+1 on that !

Edited by GIXXERUK

Right - I think I'm in a position to help you a bit now, having fiddled around in the Display Settings screen earlier today (in an effort to help you) and cocked it up, giving me a similar problem to you!

My problem was that I accidentally set it to Night Mode - even when the headlights were switched off - and for quite a while I didn't manage to set it back to 'auto'.

My best advice is as follows...

1. Make sure your headlights are switched off.

2. Go to Settings > Display > Background Colour

3.Toggle the Day/Night button until you get the 'daytime' image in the small preview screen.

Try that - If it doesn't work first time, keep fiddling with different settings in that particular menu, because eventually you'll hit on the correct setting.

I managed it - and my satnav now switches to the 'night screen' again, every time I switch the headlights on.

The reassuring thing is that your satnav isn't faulty and it is able to toggle between Day & Night - you just haven't got it on the correct setting yet. Someone's clearly fiddled with it in the past, beacuse you aren't currently on the default setting.

If you get really desperate, you could always try hitting the 'default' button, as follows...

Settings > Navigation > Reset All Navigation Settings to Default > press Enter > select Yes > press Enter.

This won't delete your memory items, such as stored destinations.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for that mate B)

I had a play about earlier on and got it to go to night colour, but only when my lights were off. If I then put my lights on it stays on night colours, so at least I know now I can get it on that way. I will have a further play about later to see if I can get it to do it automatically!