LEDs, interior and number plate

chalks

Hi All,

Not the most exciting mod (I'm not sure it can even be classed as one) but it really does make a difference...

I replaced the interior lights with cheap 501 LEDs as I didn't want them too bright... http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=291158597961

Here's one LED and one standard bulb:

IMG_2342_zpsa331ebe3.jpg

I also replaced the boot light and the one in between the seats (on the roadster) with these LEDs.

I've also replaced the number plate bulbs with LEDs- went a bit more expensive with these as they're outside the car, and I wanted them brighter. I got a couple of pairs so I can do the sidelights when I have the front wheels off this weekend. This is what I went for after reading on here- http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here's before and after:

Picture1_zps921cd0b9.jpg

I also fitted a stubby aerial from Redline Styling on here, and as it's right in my rear view mirror on the top of the boot it's nice to not have the standard one wobbling around and making it look like a radio controlled car :)

Like I said, exciting stuff!! Next mods will be more interesting I promise.. :)

• 6 months later...

Sort of related to this topic, I'm going to be changing my interior and number plate lights on my 370 this week and was just wondering what are the best to go for?

Also, I want something very bright for the side lights, maybe with a blue tint to similar to HID's. Can anyone reccomend a powerul sidelight replacement blub?

I didd see something about some Philips 400K ones? (althouhg I belive that the K value just refers to the colour does it?)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone?

They'll be fine Josh, very similar to what I have fitted :thumbs:

Cheers mate, may have a go of them then, was just a bit worried about the length of the actual bulb as I'm sure I've heard someone had probnlems with that?

Not sure if these would b better though? http://www.lightec-autostyle.co.uk/high-power-cree-xenon-white-sidelight-bulbs-p-243.html

Just looking for something as close as possible to the colour of the xenons and as bright as possible! :wacko:

The Cree ones are the ones most commonly fitted

Mine have 9 LEDs in the bulb, I didn't like the Cree as the light projects forward and not to the side so much

Tbh there isn't a lot if room in front of my bulbs so the above could be too long

Just measured my bulb and it's 34mm end to end, the 25 led are 38mm, so it's a possibility they could fit

• Like 1

Mine have 9 LEDs in the bulb, I didn't like the Cree as the light projects forward and not to the side so much

Tbh there isn't a lot if room in front of my bulbs so the above could be too long

Hmmm, I may go for the cree one's then! I've had a couple of eBay cheapies all round and they're a bit hit and miss! Some have been fine but the connectors on others seem to have gone already so they just don't work :(

Hmmm, I may go for the cree one's then! I've had a couple of eBay cheapies all round and they're a bit hit and miss! Some have been fine but the connectors on others seem to have gone already so they just don't work :(

My sidelights, number plate lights, vanity mirror lights, interior lights and boot light were all off eBay and been in a year without problem but as you say it's hit and miss, Cree have a good rep

Plenty of info in the thread below

http://www.350z-uk.c...-leds-all-sold/

Cheers, will have a read through now :)

My sidelights, number plate lights, vanity mirror lights, interior lights and boot light were all off eBay and been in a year without problem but as you say it's hit and miss, Cree have a good rep

Yeah I've had eBay one's in the 350 and other cars and never a problem, most of the one's on the 370 are still fine but 1 number plate and 1 sidelight (very annoying) have gone :(

Just measured my bulb and it's 34mm end to end, the 25 led are 38mm, so it's a possibility they could fit

Only just noticed you mentioned the length of the bulb, very helpful as that's what I've been stuck on while looking for some just now! Thanks very much :)

• Like 1

Meant to ask, do you remember what type bulb the vanity lights are in the sun visors and the boot lamp? May as well chmage them as everything else is done! :)