Breathing mods 2008 HR

PMX

So I had a P2 service a few weeks ago at Cougar Store.

Just wanted to say thanks to Mitz for his help and advise while I was there (what a nice chap he is)

Anyway, the good news is that my car is already fitted with a Scorpion exhaust. I wasn't aware of this Mitz pointed it out (you can probably gather by now I'm not very technically minded)

Bad news is all the discs are corroded so Mitz is fitting new discs and pads Monday. Really looking forward to not having the constant brake squeal at low speeds.

Oh and I got caught speeding by a speed check van on the way back out of Leicester, but that's another story.

Sorry I am being so long winded, the main reason for this post is to ask your thoughts on looking at the breathing. I had a long chat with Mitz. We discussed new Y pipe, HFC and uprev.

What difference will I feel with these? Performance, sound, etc?

Basically trying to work out whether it's worth the cost as my original intention was not to make too many changes to the car at all....but you know how it is!!

If you fit the y pipe, HFCs, high flow panel filters and get an uprev I would expect you to get about 310ish at the wheels which us maybe 25 - 30 bhp more than stock.

The main difference will be the feel and responsiveness of the throttle.

Note HFCs will add a rasp which you may or may not like. For the best gains then HFCs or decats plus cat back exhaust and panel filters, as said above. You will need an UpRev remap to take advantage of any breathing mods.

Yet to hear any negative response about an UpRev, everyone that's had one loves it. Mine goes in next week, can't wait! :)

Edited by Jp606

• 2 weeks later...

I had a scorpion on my 2008 HR with a stillen y pipe and really liked the sound of it but when i added berk hfc's , as jp606 says made the scorpion sound very raspy/buzzy and imho spoil the sound, i ended up selling the scorpion and fitting a milltek.