Novidem Stage 1 Supercharger

get12

Hi all,

Does anybody have any views on the above? I am seriously thinking about adding a bit more poke to me car (MY06 -rev up). I have only just started looking at this and really wanted to go the tried and tested route - Novidem is well publicised in this area with their work in developing the GT-S, and seems to be the 'preferred supplier' as far as Nissan UK is concerned, and have carried out over 70 installations on 350z's so far.

I spoke to Novidem today, and they have priced up for a stage 1 supercharger installation (380ps) at 17000fr, which equates to £7069 at todays rates. This is achievable for my wallet - although I may have to sell the 19" GTFs that are not even in the country yet! The installation takes a week and no up-grade to engine components will be carried out - unless a stage 2 up-grade is carried out :scare:

So, the question(s) are really what should I be worrying about? Do I say goodbye to the Nissan warranty? Is there anything I have seriously overlooked?? Any other after market solutions you would recommend and pricing??

Your help is appreciated.

Graham

Hi all,

Does anybody have any views on the above? I am seriously thinking about adding a bit more poke to me car (MY06 -rev up). I have only just started looking at this and really wanted to go the tried and tested route - Novidem is well publicised in this area with there work in developing the GT-S, and seems to be the 'preferred supplier' as far as Nissan UK is concerned, and have carried out over 70 installations on 350z's so far.

I spoke to Novidem today, and they have priced up for a stage 1 supercharger installation (380ps) at 17000fr, which equates to £7069 at todays rates. This is achievable for my wallet - although I may have to sell the 190" GTFs that are not even in the country yet! The installation takes a week and no up-grade to engine components will be carried out - unless a stage 2 up-grade is carried out :scare:

So, the question(s) are really what should I be worrying about? Do I say goodbye to the Nissan warranty? Is there anything I have seriously overlooked?? Any other after market solutions you would recommend and pricing??

Graham

I presume this includes a trip to Switzerland for the fitting? They made noises about getting someone approved in the UK but seem to have let that slide.... :dry:

Hi all,

Does anybody have any views on the above? I am seriously thinking about adding a bit more poke to me car (MY06 -rev up). I have only just started looking at this and really wanted to go the tried and tested route - Novidem is well publicised in this area with there work in developing the GT-S, and seems to be the 'preferred supplier' as far as Nissan UK is concerned, and have carried out over 70 installations on 350z's so far.

I spoke to Novidem today, and they have priced up for a stage 1 supercharger installation (380ps) at 17000fr, which equates to £7069 at todays rates. This is achievable for my wallet - although I may have to sell the 190" GTFs that are not even in the country yet! The installation takes a week and no up-grade to engine components will be carried out - unless a stage 2 up-grade is carried out :scare:

Graham

I presume this includes a trip to Switzerland for the fitting? They made noises about getting someone approved in the UK but seem to have let that slide.... :dry:

....yeah, which is no great hassle - not a bad way to get away for a week on a driving holiday :teeth:

...i have to apologise for my typing errors - bought a remote controlled electric motor glider over the weekend and stuck my right index finger in the propeller at maximum revs - nearly took the tip of the finger off - makes typing painful!:blush:

...quick up-date - I know some of you were asking this on another thread - apparently Novidem are in discussion with a Nissan garage in the UK to partner with Novidem but the discussions are on-going. This can only be Middlehurst Nissan eh?? Im speaking to the Novidem owner tomorrow to get more information.

:)

G

...quick up-date - I know some of you were asking this on another thread - apparently Novidem are in discussion with a Nissan garage in the UK to partner with Novidem but the discussions are on-going. This can only be Middlehurst Nissan eh?? Im speaking to the Novidem owner tomorrow to get more information.

G

Now that would be interesting. Keep us posted, G! :thumbs:

At that kind of money would it be worth going down the TT route? It depends if you would rather have a TT or a supercharger I guess.

Yes, please keep us posted on the approved supplier situation. It would be very interesting indeed!

Guest prescience

I think Novidem is over-priced too and where is the forum that you can go to for technical advice about it? - an essential issue for any FI application IMHO.

75 installs or not, I don't see them posting up :)

G

Update - spoke to Andy Middlehurst from erm, Middlehurst Nissan :) , Yes he has been in talks with Novidem and yes it will go ahead hopefully in the next couple of weeks - he just needs to confirm pricing and other contractual details with the boss of Novidem. Pricing - possible around the 5-6k mark :thumbs: He's got my number and is going to phone me to confirm booking in my car - be rude not to :teeth:

G

Update - spoke to Andy Middlehurst from erm, Middlehurst Nissan :) , Yes he has been in talks with Novidem and yes it will go ahead hopefully in the next couple of weeks - he just needs to confirm pricing and other contractual details with the boss of Novidem. Pricing - possible around the 5-6k mark :thumbs: He's got my number and is going to phone me to confirm booking in my car - be rude not to :teeth:

Graham

I think Novidem is over-priced too and where is the forum that you can go to for technical advice about it? - an essential issue for any FI application IMHO.

Novidem is an emerging product in the UK Prescience - do a search for 'Novidem' on www.350z.de (German Z owners club) then you'll see that there are people out there using the product - just not in the UK but I am sure the the aftersales support will grow once sales grow in the UK. :)

Lets hope so. Its certainly a "different" business strategy to develop after sales service and support after you have started selling the product.

Consumers of most products or services will normally look to ensure support is present before parting with wads of cash. It would certainly be one of if not THE most important aspect I would be looking for if I ever considered going FI.

Hopefully the relationship being built with Middlehurst will prove to be just the sort of support solution that aides the products sales within the UK.

Lets hope so. Its certainly a "different" business strategy to develop after sales service and support after you have started selling the product.

Consumers of most products or services will normally look to ensure support is present before parting with wads of cash. It would certainly be one of if not THE most important aspect I would be looking for if I ever considered going FI.

Hopefully the relationship being built with Middlehurst will prove to be just the sort of support solution that aides the products sales within the UK.

I think so-Middlehurst are not going to jump into this eyes closed. Andy Middlehurst certainly thought it had it's advantages over Stillen/Vortech. I dont know alot about these things but I keep my eyes and ears open and listen to what people say on the forums and I know that I want a first stage turbocharger that does not require an engine component up-grade i.e. is not going to strain the engine. I also consider it a big bonus knowing that Nissan Technical Team thought it worthy in the GT-S they made.

....Price list for installation at Novidem (would add as Word attachment but I have reached my 2mb limit :blush: ):

Customer pricelist 2007

NOVIDEM high-tech supercharger systems

all prices in £ exclusive of VAT

Novidem GT 380

model year 2005 and earlier (280 hp stock)

• NOVIDEM – supercharger - kit stage 1 GT380, 380 hp / 430NM 6935.-

• NOVIDEM - sport exhaust system stainless Steel with valve feature 1930.-

after header to end

Novidem GT 450

• NOVIDEM – supercharger - kit stage 2 GT450, 450 hp / 530NM 12760.-

(only in conjunction with stage 1 & exhaust system)

Material:

Billet connecting rods, forged pistons, racing clutch up to 680 Nm,

header system: optimized exhaust flow & special coating.

Racing catalysts „ compatible to OBD“ 2 x 130mm, sealing kit,

blow-off-valve, large Novidem intake system, upgraded

supercharger gearing, engine electronics Novidem Stage 2

Labour:

Take engine out & disassemble it, balance crankshaft, flywheel & clutch,

tune cylinder-head, assemble engine & refit into car, fit new intake system to engine and car

change Supercharger gearing to Novidem Stage 2. Adjust & fine tune onboard electronics.

Testdrive & Dynotest.

Novidem GT 500

• NOVIDEM – supercharger - kit stage 3 GT500, 510 hp / 590NM 7750.-

(only in conjunction with stage 1, stage 2 & exhaust system)

Material:

NOVIDEM-Supercharger R-48R (racing type ) with optimized geometry,

billet cooling ribs, upgraded bearings & oil system, new intake system

Novidem Racing stage 3: Racing Carbon Intake & Carbon pressure tubing.

New supercharger gearing (+ 20 mm), upgrade parts of exhaust system (optimized flow),

Novidem stage 3 electronics, Racing-mounting plate,

Labour:

fit racing mounting plate to advance new supercharger R48R by 20mm to the front.

Fit racing intake system Novidem stage 3. Change supercharger gearing.

Mount Novidem stage 3 electronic system, stage3 intercooler , fine tune with onboard electronics.

Testdrive & Dynotest

Nissan 350Z GT - S

model year 2006 and earlier (301 Hp stock)

• NOVIDEM – supercharger - kit stage 1 GT380, 380 hp / 425 NM 7360.-

• NOVIDEM - sport exhaust system stainless Steel with valve feature 1930.-

after header to end

Novidem GT 450

• NOVIDEM – supercharger - kit stage 2 GT450, 450 hp / 530NM 12760.-

(only in conjunction with stage 1 & exhaust system)

Material:

Billet connecting rods, forged pistons, racing clutch up to 680 Nm,

header system: optimized exhaust flow & special coating.

Racing catalysts „ compatible to OBD“ 2 x 130mm, sealing kit,

blow-off-valve, large Novidem intake system, upgraded

supercharger gearing, engine electronics Novidem Stage 2

Labour:

Take engine out & disassemble it, balance crankshaft, flywheel & clutch,

tune cylinder-head, assemble engine & refit into car, fit new intake system to engine and car

change Supercharger gearing to Novidem Stage 2. Adjust & fine tune onboard electronics.

Testdrive & Dynotest.

Novidem GT 500

• NOVIDEM – supercharger - kit stage 3 GT500, 520 hp / 590NM 7750.-

(only in conjunction with stage 1, stage 2 & exhaust system)

Material:

NOVIDEM-Supercharger R-48R (racing type ) with optimized geometry,

billet cooling ribs, upgraded bearings & oil system, new intake system

Novidem Racing stage 3: Racing Carbon Intake & Carbon pressure tubing.

New supercharger gearing (+ 20 mm), upgrade parts of exhaust system (optimized flow),

Novidem stage 3 electronics, Racing-mounting plate,

Labour:

fit racing mounting plate to advance new supercharger R48R by 20mm to the front.

Fit racing intake system Novidem stage 3. Change supercharger gearing.

Mount Novidem stage 3 electronic system, stage3 intercooler , fine tune with onboard electronics.

Testdrive & Dynotest.

• NOVIDEM Vmax limit removal 435.-

(only in conjunction with mid & end muffler)

• NOVIDEM High Performance Brake Upgrade 3985.-

(355mm front 4 piston / rear 342mm 2 piston)

mounting 475.-

• NOVIDEM Carbon pressure tubing 865.-

• NOVIDEM Carbon connecting tube to throttle body 455.-

• NOVIDEM Carbon engine hood 2835.-

painted matt + 155.- / painted high gloss + 233.-

• NOVIDEM-CARBON rear lid 3253.-

painted matt + 155.- / painted high gloss + 233.-

• KW coil over variant 3, special Nurburgring set up 1505.-

(incl. of alignment)

Guest prescience

I think so-Middlehurst are not going to jump into this eyes closed. Andy Middlehurst certainly thought it had it's advantages over Stillen/Vortech. I dont know alot about these things but I keep my eyes and ears open and listen to what people say on the forums and I know that I want a first stage turbocharger that does not require an engine component up-grade i.e. is not going to strain the engine. I also consider it a big bonus knowing that Nissan Technical Team thought it worthy in the GT-S they made.

Middlehursts used to be agents for Stillen, way back when ;)

Guest prescience

Novidem is an emerging product in the UK Prescience - do a search for 'Novidem' on www.350z.de (German Z owners club) then you'll see that there are people out there using the product - just not in the UK but I am sure the the aftersales support will grow once sales grow in the UK. :)

All FI solutions are emerging products in the UK - the difference is the level of expertise of these kits available in the US where all (or most) of the issues have been ironed out over the last 5 years or so (and they have ALL had issues)

All FI solutions are emerging products in the UK - the difference is the level of expertise of these kits available in the US where all (or most) of the issues have been ironed out over the last 5 years or so (and they have ALL had issues)

Like I said - I know nothing - I bow to your greater knowledge on the subject :thumbs:

.......still are aren't they??

Guest prescience

Like I said - I know nothing - I bow to your greater knowledge on the subject :thumbs:

Don't get me wrong, I'll be as interested in anyone in you getting this done. I am very cautious with FI on this car and did several months detailed research (pretty much read every post on the subject in the US) before I took the plunge.

Good luck and go for it :thumbs:

Guest prescience

.......still are aren't they??

Perhaps they are then - I know Mr.F supplies Stillen. Perhaps you could ask Andy, I did broach the subject when I had my first service there back in June '05 but I didn't meet Andy and got a blank look from the other staff

Knowing it was good enough for Nissan engineers would certainly be a positive for a person such as myself with novice FI knowledge at best.

I cannot say i know much about the Novidem supercharger but as far as I understand :

1- The novidem Supercharger is the only one which has gone through the whole TUV homologations etc... probably a fundamental reasons for NMGB selecting thit unit

2. As far as I heard the unit has a much more "elegant" installation, with a compact gearbox to run the compressor and an electromagnetic clutch to disable during normal driving.

I don't know but i guess the cheaper superchargers will work on very well established technology used for many years, and form this it has developed its reliability ( through experience and trial and error) , but the extra cost of this unit will be due to the development costs, the new technology and the TUV testing to validate it...

And after all the NMGB car has been in the hands of "press type" people over the last year or so continuosly, and also testing in Nissan no doubt...so it would not have had a very "easy life" :headhurt:

but it is still going strong...

I wish i had the dosh to do it ..i would try the novidem unit...

• 2 years later...