Easiest/cheapest way to install replacement Amp (Pio HU already installed)

nictry

As some may know from my other thread I have had a Pio HU fitted but since then have major issues with alternator whine and have now booked the car into a local audio place as the fitter of the original was unable to resolve the issue and suggested could be the amp

So my question is this (and I have spent hours trawling/reading the threads on installs) if the amp in the boot is 'replaced' by an aftermarket amp am I right in thinking that the wiring from the new HU only needs taking to the new amp directly with a new power cable from the battery and this should do the job ok? I know there is another mini amp in the sub enclosure but will that still run from he after market amp?

Or have I made this all way to simplistic and actually it is much nor complex and I am going to be facing another huge bill to sort this mess out? Really p****d off about the whole thing and almost tempted to get the old head unit put back in and call it a day but this is my last attempt to get someone to fix the problem as just telling me it can't be fixed after spending over £500 has given me the major hump in all honesty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just a quick bump for anyone to offer some advice, seriously looking at the idea of just wiring the HU direct to the speakers instead of through the Amp (rather than buying a replacement) can anyone confirm if this is viable/sensible

Serious offer here, if someone would fancy helping (well more likely doing with a very interested observer, helper, tea maker etc.) an amp install for me with necessary wiring etc. and possibly a switch of front speakers anywhere in the South east I would be very appreciative (and of course pay for your time/expertise)?

I am finding the so called experts (car audio places) a waste of time as they seem to know nothing about 350s and end up telling me they need to look into how to do it which hardly inspires me with confidence!

Please let me know, don't mind travelling to meet up as suspect not too many members in here live near Canterbury (at least the very few Zeds I have seen around suggest that to be the case!)

Still looking for some kind person to assist with a change of Amp/speakers for my system. I have now spoken to 6 different audio fitters and none of them have a clue where to start on a 350z install, one guy quoted me 2 days labour to change the amp to just 2 channel ie front speakers and nothing more!!!!!

I really would appreciate support on this from someone who has done this job and as said more than happy to cover costs/time for the help

New amp won't fit into the boot space where the OEM is, because the OEM amp is rather small.

The time consuming part is routing wires, because most of the plastics will have to come out.

When Madmarky and I helped install AmyZeds audio gear it took two of us two days to complete the job which consisted of

Double din HU

second screen

Reversing cam

New speakers in doors

New speakers in rear

New sub

Custom building a box for sub

Two amps

All the wiring

Most audio installs are the same in terms of wiring, the only difference is where the wires go.

For the zed there is actually an unused pre-existing tunnel on the passenger side, which is perfect for power cables.

Central tunnel is perfect of HU to amp speaker connections, once you get the rear plastics out, there is plenty of room for plenty of wiring.

Like many, you could reuse the OEM sub location for mounting you amps and then run an under strut box or something boot based.

if i had any technical ability (or could take a car interior apart without destroying it) i woudl probably agree with you and would try it myself, unfortunately as I dont I would end up with a total screw up and a car going nowhere!

Edited by nictry

How was the head unit fitted? Are you using the buster mod and taking the feed from the high level speaker outputs or are you using pre outs? Something isn't earthed right and there will be a way to fix it.

Hey where are you based I had the same problem with mine I think if u turn the volume right up dose the screen flicker if so could be as easy as changing the wiring harness on the back of the head unit

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

How was the head unit fitted? Are you using the buster mod and taking the feed from the high level speaker outputs or are you using pre outs? Something isn't earthed right and there will be a way to fix it.

It was fitted by a person/fitter recommended on here and he has also had it back to have another look and assured me all earths are sorted. As for what is connected where, your guess is as good as mine, I know he used the various connectors to convert to the Pio HU and keep steering controls etc. beyond that I have no idea.

Hey where are you based I had the same problem with mine I think if u turn the volume right up dose the screen flicker if so could be as easy as changing the wiring harness on the back of the head unit

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Just east of Canterbury in Kent, I will check what you suggest and let you know if it does it

The one thing that does make me wonder if it is more than a HU earth issue is the weird volume blip (increase/decrease) issue that also exists, this and the whilst long does make me think there could be some logic in it being an Amp problem but I haven't a clue to be honest

Sounds like an earthing problem to me, I had a similar whine and turned out to be just that. I fitted a JL amp under the passenger cubby (secret floor) wired straight to the battery and then followed the OEM wiring to the speakers, took longer to remove the interior than it did to do the wiring. Also then wired in a sub to the boot, again took longer to remove all the trim than to actually do the wiring.

So it seems the solution is exactly that, I just wish there was someone (company or individual) that was able to do it as there is no way I am going to attempt to start pulling the inside apart as it will truly end in disaster! For some reason no audio fitter seems to want to touch it (2 recent calls to companies in Kent resulted in promises of call backs but nothing afterwards which seems to reinforce my feeling it's a job to be done by someone who already knows what to do :(

So it seems the solution is exactly that, I just wish there was someone (company or individual) that was able to do it as there is no way I am going to attempt to start pulling the inside apart as it will truly end in disaster! For some reason no audio fitter seems to want to touch it (2 recent calls to companies in Kent resulted in promises of call backs but nothing afterwards which seems to reinforce my feeling it's a job to be done by someone who already knows what to do :(

SoundsAlarming in Welling are good, not technically Kent but just off the A2 nr Bexleyheath

Sent from the golf club...

So after a week of waiting for a response to my call/email I just got a reply saying sorry we are too busy with commercial contracts and cannot help, they provided another contact in Kent who I had called previously and never even returned the call

It amazes me in this country that no one seems to actually want your money and how little respect is shown to customers who are asking for advice and work to be done, quite unbelievable

Edited by nictry

So after a week of waiting for a response to my call/email I just got a reply saying sorry we are too busy with commercial contracts and cannot help, they provided another contact in Kent who I had called previously and never even returned the call

It amazes me in this country that no one seems to actually want your money and how little respect is shown to customers who are asking for advice and work to be done, quite unbelievable

Sorry to hear that, have you tried mobile guys?

Sent from the golf club...