clutch problem

shaunr446

I have this I think.

Start car cold from say overnight. Drive a shortish journey no problem, pedal good. Next journey is much longer in traffic. After a while, the pedal travel is much longer before the biting point. Thrust bearing a bit noisy at idle until clutch is depressed.

On a track day, the pedal went to the floor and I had to scoop it up with my foot. Let the car cool down and it went back to longish pedal travel. I drove the car home no problem about 60 miles. The next day, back to normal.

I have this I think.

Start car cold from say overnight. Drive a shortish journey no problem, pedal good. Next journey is much longer in traffic. After a while, the pedal travel is much longer before the biting point. Thrust bearing a bit noisy at idle until clutch is depressed.

On a track day, the pedal went to the floor and I had to scoop it up with my foot. Let the car cool down and it went back to longish pedal travel. I drove the car home no problem about 60 miles. The next day, back to normal.

You should try bleeding the clutch first and changing the fluid, this deteriorates just the same as the brake fluid and with the extra heat generated on track the fluid will start to boil.

My 350 clutch used to get stuck down all the time when hammering up and down the Autobahn. Exactly the same thing happened in the Infiniti G37 I had as well. The Infiniti tech who had a look at it thought the clutch fluid might be over heating as it was black when he drained it. He wanted to put some super high quality brake fluid in instead but Infiniti wouldn't let him :lol:

I put it down to Nissan having designed a crap clutch system. Can't wait to find out if it happens with the 370.....