How to - Bose Subwoofer Cutout Fix (Amp)

cs2000

On 26/02/2016 at 12:29, RobPhoboS said:

Just to say I did my one last week, very easy and quick to do, although I needed a second pair of hands to pull the old resistor off of the board.

It seems to have sorted out the bass issue but I still have the thwack the side of the headunit (passenger footwell bit) to get the full volume out of it. :lol:

I'm not exactly sure what the cause of that is.

That's a loose ribbon cable deep down inside the Bose HU, it can be repaired, but isn't east to get at. Ive just cured mine...by purchasing a Pioneer SPH-DA120 (it has Apple CarPlay :D )

pioneer.jpg.31cefcff399f8ca4633d2b54a8ea2c54.jpg

• Like 1

I'd like to change the HU, without a doubt (there's a handy YT vid for it too), however I want it to match the fascia properly.

Well, I will document mine as I'm not 100% happy with any of the install guides ive read so far. I know what I'm doing having done 2 or 3 stereos in the past, but I was just brushing up on anything Z specific, so you will be able to see how I get on (along with how good/bad the facia adaptor sits/looks).

On 22/03/2016 at 15:50, cs2000 said:

Just to say I did my one last week, very easy and quick to do, although I needed a second pair of hands to pull the old resistor off of the board.

It seems to have sorted out the bass issue but I still have the thwack the side of the headunit (passenger footwell bit) to get the full volume out of it. :lol:

That's a loose ribbon cable deep down inside the Bose HU, it can be repaired, but isn't east to get at. Ive just cured mine...by purchasing a Pioneer SPH-DA120 (it has Apple CarPlay :D )

pioneer.jpg.5de123124d53e2b6eb7de3e8b5031c97.jpg

On 22/03/2016 at 16:16, RobPhoboS said:

I'd like to change the HU, without a doubt (there's a handy YT vid for it too), however I want it to match the fascia properly.

How the SPH-DA120 looks in mine....

new hu 1.jpg

On 23/03/2016 at 12:45, BulletMagnet said:
On 22/03/2016 at 15:50, cs2000 said:

sph-da120_ew5_lightblue_front_a1.jpg?itok=22upG2VL

On 22/03/2016 at 16:16, RobPhoboS said:

How the SPH-DA120 looks in mine....

5aa8f176e7e5d_newhu1.jpg.9b240b41d446de91195fa76f3eaba39d.jpg

Cant believe you have the same unit! lol

Quick question in that case. The facia that comes on the unit as standard, did you use it, or do you use the adaptor that you have to buy separately?

• 4 weeks later...

I have just bought the SPH-DA120 :) will be fitting it this morning, only bought a new one because my old alpine was so annoying! I would start the car & no music would come on or any sound through the speakers! Then maybe few hours later all of a sudden comes back on! Turn the car off then back on later BOOM no music again! So thought treat myself to a new HU

Great guide that I used a few days ago and now have a working sub - a word of advice, before replacing the relay it's worth checking that the 15amp blade fuse (located in the fuse panel to the right side of the accelerator pedal) is not blown! Mine was blown so there was a moment of panic when I put the system back together (complete with new relay) and it still didn't work! New fuse and all is well :-)

Edited by rowey200

• 7 months later...

Thanks, just sorted my amp/sub out with this guide :D

The harness was a pain so I unscrewed the case and unclipped from the white plug. If you do it this way, watch the tip of the screw driver so you don't touch the pins.

• Like 1