PIC00047.jpg

Then the Jap love affair began

MK2 CRX VTEC

001.jpg

Then got an integra DC2

SDC15194.jpg

Then an MR2 rev 3 turbo

SDC15293.jpg

Next was an impreza Type R which I spent a fortune on having a full engine rebuild...kind of regret selling this

DSC_0013_zps993be6cf.jpg

Round cadwell

XS2_0171_zps78b4a0d9.jpg

Then a brief trip back to french town, Clio Trophy. Sold after 3 weeks, can't get on with anything not Japanese it seems

photo_zpsb0b0d9ff.jpg

Back to a Honda. Loved the handling but just wasn't fast enough to keep me entertained any more!

DSC_0245_zps7lrepohh.jpg

Finally decided I needed something front engined and rear wheel drive. Looked at a couple of M3s but they were ropey. Then decided to keep it jap and went for the 350z which I'm loving at the moment!

DSC_0374_zpss591nxyq.jpg

DSC_0331_zpsyy1dsla1.jpg

Before the Zed a stage 1 tuned 200sx s14

IMG_5046.jpg

After i would love like this

2011_IND_Distribution_M3_Grey_(_based_on_BMW_M3_E92_)_001_2942.jpg

But i think its going to be more like this as things stand

Back to my honda civic days :(

Civic 1

P1010761.jpg

Civic 2

P1011520.jpg

Edited by StevoD

You can't beat the woosh of when VTEC kicks in :teeth: Although, when discussed the other day, the response from the other person was, VTEC ah how sweet :boxing:

apart from the Woosh of a nice bit of good old fashion boost

Yes indeed :)

You can't beat the woosh of when VTEC kicks in :teeth: Although, when discussed the other day, the response from the other person was, VTEC ah how sweet :boxing:

The new Civic Type R will have boost and VTEC....certainly an interesting proposition. Hopefully it will still rev!

Like this ;)

650196dc-6d9e-40cc-81f9-ba15fa644283_zps2837e472.jpg

The new Civic Type R will have boost and VTEC....certainly an interesting proposition. Hopefully it will still rev!

I thought they ditched the VTEC because of the harsh emissions they have to abide by? Turbo and VTEC would be awesome though.

Edited by bamdc2

I thought they ditched the VTEC because of the harsh emissions they have to abide by? Turbo and VTEC would be awesome though.

They are keeping VTEC aswell as boosting. Using VTEC alone to achieve NA power figures other manufacturers use turbos to achieve probably screws them emissions wise....hence the move to boost.

They are keeping VTEC aswell as boosting. Using VTEC alone to achieve NA power figures other manufacturers use turbos to achieve probably screws them emissions wise....hence the move to boost.

not that i wish to be a arse but what do you no that the motor media dont are you a developer at honda?

AutoExpress - "Honda Civic Type R expected in 2015, with new 2.0-litre turbo engine replacing VTEC"

Car Magazine "The first turbocharged engine to ever power a Type R. Out goes the high-revving and naturally aspirated 2.0-litre VTEC engine that’s screamed away in the past two generations of Civic Type R; in comes an all-new turbocharged and direct-injected 2.0-litre four-cylinder"

dont get me wrong if it does have VTEC thats winner winner chicken dinner but

Edited by StevoD

The test cars had VTEC TURBO written down the side, maybe as troll.

Not sure.

Honda maybe using a 3 stage system to achieve the power.

They can make 160hp form the low lift lobes on the K20 then the extra 40 is achieved from the VTEC high lift lobes.

I'd be surprised if they did have both VTEC and turbo as the engine redlines at around 7000rpm, so there would be a lot going on at about 4500rpm regards cam switch and boost coming in.

Unless, thats the plan, to switch cams and bring in the boost at the same time until the redline.

I don't think a lot is truly know about how it works just yet or the specifics.

seem 50% of media says yes 50% of media says no i mean it is do able how many turbo k20 lumps have been built just didnt expect them to both unless its

like Vtec-e where only half the valves are used at lower Rpm to help save fuel then boost and full valves when @*!# kicks in

Not familiar with VTEC-E, I only have history/knowledge of classic VTEC and i-VTEC systems but yeah anyones guess at the moment.

Honda seem to be alright at coming up with cool ways to produce power and stay in the green zone so who knows.

Spoke to a few of my Honda mates for clarity and it appears it is a VTEC Turbo system :) .

http://newsroom.hond...detail/?id=3806

While further detail on performance is yet to be announced, Honda has confirmed that the forthcoming new Type R will be the first model in Europe to feature one of its brand new VTEC TURBO engines from the Earth Dreams Technology range. The two-litre, direct injection, four-cylinder turbo is expected to deliver class-leading output of at least 280PS and will be EURO 6 compliant. While turbo engines have not been seen in Honda’s production cars in Europe for some time, Honda has continued to actively develop turbo technology on the race track and in other regions. Honda’s successful return to WTCC in 2013, has been instrumental in gathering knowledge that has helped shape the new Type R, providing the development team with analysis and feedback on performance and styling collected from the track.

Evo magazine and top gear both reference vtec and turbo on their websites...I guess we'll just have to see. VTEC has been proven to work brilliantly with boost plenty of times in the aftermarket world, I think honda would be mad to ditch VTEC as it gives them a niche and appeals to the old honda die hards!

• Like 1