Taking it to the track.....

nowhereboy

Great info Docwra, thanks for the detailed reply!

Are you just left to it on the drift what ya brung days? How does it work, turn up and drive, or will I need an induction etc?

I'm really curious to see the format of the track etc, I presume youtube will have some footage of these events so I'll check it out when I get home.

This probably isn't going to be a cheap hobby but I'm nearly 30 and getting bored of destroying my liver every weekend :lol:

Me and a guy called Doug (who hardly comes on here but has a Kuro 350) went along, and had a great day. Works out cheaper than a proper track day, as we only went through half a tank of fuel, instead of a full tank, and its alot easier on brakes, etc too. Doug was down to the wear markers on his rears when we turned up, and we had a good look at them after, and there was no perceptable wear on them at all.

is it very slow tho from what ive seen

and they wet the track which is a bit poo imo ok it doesnt use tyres and allows it to go out easier but its not what i would deem real drifting you might aswell go out in the snow

doing it in the dry and forcing your car to do what it should and then holding it is alot more rewarding ive found the wet days at norfolk are so boring there no point doing it when it rains

Me and a guy called Doug (who hardly comes on here but has a Kuro 350) went along, and had a great day. Works out cheaper than a proper track day, as we only went through half a tank of fuel, instead of a full tank, and its alot easier on brakes, etc too. Doug was down to the wear markers on his rears when we turned up, and we had a good look at them after, and there was no perceptable wear on them at all.

guessing this is him

Yep, thats the one, was just finding it myself but you beat me to it. It is fairly slow yes, but it also teaches you how the car feels when you are approaching the limit, etc, and because it happens slowly, its easier to correct if you go wrong.

Yep, thats the one, was just finding it myself but you beat me to it. It is fairly slow yes, but it also teaches you how the car feels when you are approaching the limit, etc, and because it happens slowly, its easier to correct if you go wrong.

this is true but it comes no where near close to the concentration needed and how quickly things change in the dry

Wow that is cheap!

I've noticed the "novice only" track days too, I might actually consider doing that first just to get the experience of driving on a track.

I live up in Newcastle tho, most of these tracks are a massive drive away from me.

Can't wait to arrange this mind, I bet its great fun.

Wow that is cheap!

I've noticed the "novice only" track days too, I might actually consider doing that first just to get the experience of driving on a track.

I live up in Newcastle tho, most of these tracks are a massive drive away from me.

Can't wait to arrange this mind, I bet its great fun.

bizz aint far from you then when hes got the LSZ sorted speak with him im sure he could give you some pointers at teeside autodrome

• Like 1

Im sure I read somewhere that the drift days at Oulton make a hell of a mess of the bodywork with gravel flicking up?

IMO, the taster / novice days are great, because you are on track with people in the same boat as you, and you aren't constantly looking in the rear view mirror for stripped out race cars flying up behind you! Also, c.25 mins is enough for someone having their first go, as well as not being too tough on the car

• Like 2

Im sure I read somewhere that the drift days at Oulton make a hell of a mess of the bodywork with gravel flicking up?

IMO, the taster / novice days are great, because you are on track with people in the same boat as you, and you aren't constantly looking in the rear view mirror for stripped out race cars flying up behind you! Also, c.25 mins is enough for someone having their first go, as well as not being too tough on the car

Yea I was thinking that, I'm going to see if there is anything closer to home to do a novice day then try and hook up with someone for a lesson on drifting once I've got a little track time under my belt.