Fuel,,

Sorry if it's Been discussed loads but I'm new, I've seen the odd comment insisting on super unleaded but I'm worried as on my last car (merc) I had issues twice with crap fuel ( reputable garage with a large supermarket errr attached JS,,) and water in plugs etc, I think the problem is not enough peps use it .. So I'm happy to do so and pay the extra but how on earth do I know it won't cause more problems?..

Sorry if it's Been discussed loads but I'm new, I've seen the odd comment insisting on super unleaded but I'm worried as on my last car (merc) I had issues twice with crap fuel ( reputable garage with a large supermarket errr attached JS,,) and water in plugs etc, I think the problem is not enough peps use it .. So I'm happy to do so and pay the extra but how on earth do I know it won't cause more problems?..

Well if you use the standard 95 unleaded that could still happen plus a lot worse as it's the incorrect fuel to use in a Zed. :blink:

I use Texaco Super Unleaded and Shell V-Power Nitro in mine and I have never had a problem using either fuel. I tend to stay clear of supermarket fuel stations tbh.

Wrong section btw. :wave::lol:

Well if you use the standard 95 unleaded that could still happen plus a lot worse as it's the incorrect fuel to use in a Zed. :blink:

I use Texaco Super Unleaded and Shell V-Power Nitro in mine and I have never had a problem using either fuel. I tend to stay clear of supermarket fuel stations tbh.if not super market fuel stations then I'm stuck as that pretty much all we have locally , appreciate pos wrong place or forum, bit confused as to how to pits otherwise.. 😜

I use Texaco Super Unleaded and Shell V-Power Nitro in mine and I have never had a problem using either fuel. I tend to stay clear of supermarket fuel stations tbh.if not super market fuel stations then I'm stuck as that pretty much all we have locally , appreciate pos wrong place or forum, bit confused as to how to pits otherwise.. ������

Never mind I'll get me coat..

Because everybody uses super! V Power and Momentum seem to be the popular choices however I only use V Power

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Eh! Well I've never seen either of them, don't suppose you can recommend a provider in or around leicester?..

:lol:

Don't worry about it.

If all you can use is super market fuel stations then just make sure it's always the Super unleaded fuel you use.

Shell also do a map showing the locations of their fuel stations that sell Super unleaded V-power/nitro; http://www.shell.co.uk/gbr/products-services/on-the-road/online-station-locator.html

;)

:lol:

Don't worry about it.

If all you can use is super market fuel stations then just make sure it's always the Super unleaded fuel you use.

Shell also do a map showing the locations of their fuel stations that sell Super unleaded V-power/nitro; http://www.shell.co.uk/gbr/products-services/on-the-road/online-station-locator.html

;)

That's great, will endeavour to get the right fuel. My next question will be, when is there a meet in or around Leicester?,where should I post that?.

I've used both V power and Momentum when on a RR in my old honda, and truth would have it the mapper said the power curve was so much smoother with Momentum! tesco ftw! i'm also pretty sure that in a recent test (before nitro+) v power showed a true 97 ron i think it was and tesco still came out at 98.. I'll try look up the facts if i can remember the link!

Thanks to bulletmagnet I filled her up today was half empty, I wasn't being tight honestly hadn't considered what fuel, it might be my imagination but I certainly noticed a difference using the shell v power, yeah it's a little dearer but I agree overall its well worth it, cheers all.

• Like 1

I run mine on V Power generally but on the way back from Germany earlier this month we pulled into a petrol station and they only had 95 as there premium one was all out! So rather than risk running out of fuel finding another garage I filled her up and I have to say I noticed absolutely zero difference! I will however continue to use the good stuff for peace of mind :)

• Like 1

I run mine on V Power generally but on the way back from Germany earlier this month we pulled into a petrol station and they only had 95 as there premium one was all out! So rather than risk running out of fuel finding another garage I filled her up and I have to say I noticed absolutely zero difference! I will however continue to use the good stuff for peace of mind :)

Hi, actually I’ve noticed the opposite, put Shell Z power in have to say there was a notable improvement.. J

• 2 weeks later...

I could really tell the difference in my mapped VXR so stuck mainly to Momentum 99 (super was recommended after a remap to protect against knocking anyway). It felt lifeless on the odd occasion I put 95 RON in...

I've only put Momentum 99 in my 370 so can't comment on the effect standard fuel has on it. As others have said, a couple of extra quid per tank is worth it for peace of mind!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk