maf cleaning

andybp

I just cleaned my maf sensor and my fuel consumption just went from an average 13mpg to 19mpg havent been driving any differant and it seemed to run fine before just a bit rough on idle

much better now i've cleaned it is this the sort of differance you normally see ?

13mpg... holy @*!#, do you just plant your foot to the floor every time you get in it?

I can't help it have you heard how good they sound with a decent exhaust

it's now setteled at 18 mpg

If you're impressed by that increase in MPG from cleaning the MAF, just wait until you discover those other 5 gears...

lol

I get 20-21 mpg with my perf mods (have run out of NA mods to do..).. that is with tune. I've thought about cleaning both MAF's.. but with the low miles on the car and getting 20-21mpg I think it best to leave the MAF alone unless you are experiencing a very noticeable issue.. like 13mpg.. good lord.

When I was doing my data logging.. driving full throttle in various gears.. sometimes getting up to 135mph .. ie: 4th gear run.. the worst my MPG got to was 15.7 .. 13mpg, wow. What year and how many miles are on the car?

If you're impressed by that increase in MPG from cleaning the MAF, just wait until you discover those other 5 gears...

lol

I get 20-21 mpg with my perf mods (have run out of NA mods to do..).. that is with tune. I've thought about cleaning both MAF's.. but with the low miles on the car and getting 20-21mpg I think it best to leave the MAF alone unless you are experiencing a very noticeable issue.. like 13mpg.. good lord.

When I was doing my data logging.. driving full throttle in various gears.. sometimes getting up to 135mph .. ie: 4th gear run.. the worst my MPG got to was 15.7 .. 13mpg, wow. What year and how many miles are on the car?

this is a new engine i blew the last one but that was doing the same mpg 53 plate and i rarely get out of third