OEM Rays wheels, stupid question...

chrisberty

Hi guys, this is probably a stupid question but... I have the touring wheels on my 350z roadster at the moment and I'm looking to get some OEM Rays wheels for the car. Now, checking ebay there are a couple of full sets for around £750, all needing refurbing and tyres which seems pricey to me. There are however a lot of sellers who have just singles or pairs, all of which are the rear 8.5j wheels. Is there any reason for not getting four 8.5j wheels, one for each corner? I've checked offsets etc and all seems fine? Can anyone come up with a reason for not doing this? Be nice!

Chris

Welcome aboard Chris. :welcome:

£750 is a little pricey if you ask me for a full set of Rays especially if they need tyres/refurbing etc. I just sold my OEM Rays alloys a few weeks ago to another member on here for £300 odd but I did price them to sell.

Probably could have asked for more especially considering they weren't in too bad condition but I wanted them to sell quickly and go to a forum member to help them make their Zed better.

rickdon a member on here is selling two rear Rays alloys for £220 delivered; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/85035-2-x-rear-rays-for-sale-220-delivered-or-200-collected/

Then you just need the fronts. ;)

There is also a set of 19" Rotas for sale on here at £750 odd with tyres so it's definitely worth a search through the for sale/350Z parts threads to see what you can find within your budget. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys. Just struggling to find a set of fronts to match is all. When you say it's not good practice whats the issue? Are tyre widths going to be a problem for handling etc? I can't see it being really.

Chris

Thanks for the help guys. Just struggling to find a set of fronts to match is all. When you say it's not good practice whats the issue? Are tyre widths going to be a problem for handling etc? I can't see it being really.

Chris

Well the traction control doesn't like change and if you're putting OEM stuff on the back then you'll be better off putting OEM stuff on the front ... when changing to 19"/20" though (as some guys do), then it's a whole new ball game but you'll get plenty of advice about what fits and what doesn't ... have a look here vvvvv

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/55-wheels/

• Like 1

Food for thought. I'll wait until I have the car back from the body shop and see if I can get my hands on an 8.5j rays wheel, just to check fitment on the front. Or if I can simply just grab a complete set. There seems to be a huge shortage of front wheels for sale out there, for every 1 front there is 10 rears. Odd.