Which clutch fluid and clutch lines

wizurd

Evening all.

So had the zed out in traffic today to the dealers down Cardiff. Quite a bit of traffic and started to find the biting point of the clutch getting lower. Never got to the floor or anything but little concerning. As soon as I was able to get up to speed and things cooled down then the bite point was back to normal.

So my thought is the clutch fluid over heating. I've got the covers and surrounds off at the moment so that might affect it.

Just wondered what clutch lines would people recommend if I decided to change it.

Plus I'd want to change the fluid. I've got ate super blue brake fluid. Can I use this in the clutch fluid to improve how it handles heat? From doing clutch fluid before have always just used normal brake fluid.

Lastly, how hard is it to fit the clutch line. Can see a pipe that goes around the back from the clutch reservoir but I assume an uprated clutch line is only the bit at the other end? Guess it requires jacking up the front left to get to this?

Cheers for the help in advance.

I've just had a HEL clutch line fitted with Motul RBF600 fluid and I like the feel of it, although I didn't have any particular problems with it like that, I just thought it was probably worth a change as it looked quite dark.

I beleive they are a pain to bleed.

Edited by Gudzy

Cheers Gudzy. Saw a video of it. Need someone to pump the pedal while I turn the beef screw on and off. The process doesn't look too bad. Interested to see how hard it is to change the line though.

PM replied to for slave, line and fluid combo... :)

That combo worked a treat for me with the same symptoms in traffic.

Excellent - good to know that Stu

Will get the car up and get it all sorted hopefully before japfest

• 2 weeks later...