fault code received last night

Jay M1988

Took the 350 out last night and I received a engine management light so I ran the torque app on the car and it returned

P1147 - powertrain

Ets sub accel position sensor 1 malfunction, 02 control (bank 2) system too lean

It is running very rough on idle and also using silly amounts of fuel since throwing this

I have searched and there are mixed responses

Can someone shed some light on this and explain exactly what this means in english and what ive to do please

All help and guidance is much appreciated

P1147 is Heated O2 Sensor 2.

If you have aftermarket induction or HFC/de cat then this is common.

As above, clear code and see if it comes back.

You checked your MAF sensor for the rough idle as this code shouldnt really affect things too badly?

All I know is it seems to be throwing petrol through it like no tommorow im talking a bar a day.

I saw few mention the heated sensor but I dont know how this can stay on if ive left the car overnight etc

Ill try wiping the ecu using the sacred pedal dance lol, if that fails ive no idea what to do

Thanks kyle only different thing I did while driving that day before the eml came on was use cruise control for the first time on the car, another thing worth a note is my scorpion exhaust has came off the hanger and so has been vibrating for over two weeks (laziness) ill be hanging it back on later tommorow

Edited by Jay M1988

If you dont want to spend money on parts without knowing there needed you could swap the sensors around. Thats if (P1147 is Heated O2 Sensor 2.) means there is a sensor 1. Swapping them around should move the fault code to the other sensor position.