Tyres

xStric9x

Hi all.

I have a good friend who owns a tyres and exhaust garage and also is one of the cheapest in Wrexham.After a conversation with him earlier i kinda get the feeling he could do us some good deals on tyres.

So as many of you have different size wheels i was wondering if everybody could throw some tyre sizes this way and i could post some prices from budget(not that you may want this tyre)to top notch tyres.

After i have a few tyre sizes it will prob take me a couple of days to get some quotes.

If any of you want a specific make please specify :thumbs:

Would it not be easier if you picked 3-4 popular tyre brands...

Falkens, Toyos, BS, and Michelins

Select the 18" sizes (225/45/18 and 245/45/18) and the 19" (whatever they are ... 245 and 275?????)

and agree with your supplier some %age discount by numbers

e.g 5 orders of toyos = 10%, 10 orders = 15% etc... 5 michelin = 7% etcetcetc... for each brand and size...

having this kind of information up front might encourage a few here to think about changing tyres or ordering for keeps-later....

Anyway just an idea... :thumbs:

Would it not be easier if you picked 3-4 popular tyre brands...

Falkens, Toyos, BS, and Michelins

Select the 18" sizes (225/45/18 and 245/45/18) and the 19" (whatever they are ... 245 and 275?????)

and agree with your supplier some %age discount by numbers

e.g 5 orders of toyos = 10%, 10 orders = 15% etc... 5 michelin = 7% etcetcetc... for each brand and size...

having this kind of information up front might encourage a few here to think about changing tyres or ordering for keeps-later....

Anyway just an idea... :thumbs:

No no, i'm open for ideas.

I will defo be asking for group buy discounts,i'm hoping to see him this week,so who knows.....by the weekend i may have some prices up.

Just a couple of quotes to see if you guys think the prices are good :)

re040 re050

225/45/18 £121 £127

245/45/18 £139 £141

RE050

245/35/19 £154

275/35/19 £183

These prices include everything.

Good or bad?

i had 2 front toyo proxies (225/45/18) fitted last thursday at a local tyre place for £123.50 each if that helps ?

Please don't ask me why but James said he won't deal with toyo's because of the amount of problems he has had with them. :)

• 1 month later...
i had 2 front toyo proxies (225/45/18) fitted last thursday at a local tyre place for £123.50 each if that helps ?

Please don't ask me why but James said he won't deal with toyo's because of the amount of problems he has had with them. :)

Company or product?

Company or product?

Product bud! though he did say he's never fitted one to a zed, but apparently its something to do with the tyre wall blowing. He got in contact with his suppliers and they told him they've had a few complaints of late.

• 2 weeks later...

"Please don't ask me why but James said he won't deal with toyo's because of the amount of problems he has had with them"

I got a similar story from a tyre place recently about Toyos so I'm considering sticking with Potenzas! But I want 265x40x18 for my rear. Will you please get a price for me?

Thanks