MAF Sensor Install

SiriusProjects

Definitely disconnect the battery! Vlad is right just get a 10mm spanner I think it is and disconnect the negative terminal (black). Just to be on the safe side I always do with any engine work it stops any dash lights popping up afterwards. And make sure the MAF sensor is plugged back in before turning the engine on. I rushed putting it all back together and forgot to plug it back in, my CEL came on and I had to use a diagnostic tool to turn them off. Hope this helps!

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

nah, just disconnect battery and go for it :) to completely drain power from system ones battery is disconnected - just press brake pedal few times :)

If your following Vlads instructions you may want to check its the right way round :p

Sorry mate I tried to resist.

• Like 1

nah, just disconnect battery and go for it :) to completely drain power from system ones battery is disconnected - just press brake pedal few times :)

If your following Vlads instructions you may want to check its the right way round :p

Sorry mate I tried to resist.

Ahahahahahaha yes there is an arrow on the sensor that points in the DIRECTION of air flow

Also you will need a T20 security bit to remove the screws (assuming it's on a 350z)

Even if you disconnect the MAF with the ignition on all it will do is throw a CEL and then the next time you turn on the ignition it will extinguish as the value is correct, I have yet to disconnect a battery to remove a MAF sensor on any car, and have had no problems ever, don't see why all the over cautiousness!

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

I agree, the only time I've ever disconnected the battery on any car is when I've been working on constant LIVE cables to the alternator or starter motor. I wouldn't bother for changing a MAF as you will need to tune in your radio again & set the clock :shrug: