Zunsport grill fit to 2006 facelift question

nictry

I have looked at some previous posts on this and am confused between the instructions that arrived with the grill and what seems to have been posted previously about how to fit so hoping someone can advise.

The grill instructions suggest this is a straight replacement, screw in and job done, the grill on my facelift has the two slats as we know and therefore in my mind the new grill cannot possibly just screw on without somehow removing the slats?

I am a DIY numpty so as the front bumper is due to be sprayed in a couple of weeks I was just going to hand over the new grill (and hopefully my new clear reflectors if they arrive in time from the US) and get them to swap them over but knowing my local body shop if there is anything more than undoing a screw or two they will say they don't want to do it so I wanted to check before taking it in to them.

I appreciate any advice given.

All done, first proper modification completed with only a small hole in one finger to show for it :) looks good too and glad I went for the black and not stainless as def looks good against the gunmetal paint.

Next mod hopefully Monday when I need to try and remove the gear knob and replace with the spanking new tan original received this morning for the US of A :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by nictry
  • Like 1

Well job done, next door neighbour was chatting about the car when he offered to help me do the change of the knob! 5 minutes later and all complete, wasn't too tough to shift initially but ironically was tough all the way through the untwisting but once off new one went on like a dream and managed to twist a whole 360 beyond where it initially wouldn't budge so shouldn't be coming loose anytime soon.

Well chuffed, two mods in a day and now a new stereo to look forward to next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1