Replacement W Brace Options?

notfub

Wondering if anyone has bothered replacing their crusty W Brace with an after market alternative such as this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-RACING-4-Point-Rear-Lower-Bar-Brace-Nissan-FAIRLADY-Z33-350z-RL4-1259-/271410271144?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f315013a8

While my existing W Brace could probably be refurbed with a wire brush and hammerite, it's definitely not in pristine condition. It may be easier for me just to swap it with the Ultra Racing alternative and gain some potential benefits by doing so.

Anyone bothered to replace their W Brace for anything other than a new Nissan part?

was thinking about this myself as mines hit 1 too many speed bumps but dont like the look of the one on ebay looks pretty weak to me

I'm not overly convinced with the Ultra Racing replacement's quality either plus it looks smaller. I wonder if Clarke/Tarmac etc would consider a group buy on these, got to be plenty of Zed's out there with W braces in really bad condition by now.

was thinking about this myself as mines hit 1 too many speed bumps but dont like the look of the one on ebay looks pretty weak to me

I'm not overly convinced with the Ultra Racing replacement's quality either plus it looks smaller. I wonder if Clarke/Tarmac etc would consider a group buy on these, got to be plenty of Zed's out there with W braces in really bad condition by now.

Ultra racing have a solid reputation in Oz so I wouldn't be hasty to diss the engineering. That brace only ties the 2 sides of the chassis together to stop flex in the horizontal plane its only as thick it needs to be. The actual OEM brace is not thicker it just looks wider because of the flat section which is probably designed to help smoothen air flow.