OEM Double Din brackets

ChrisB

I seem to be drawing a blank here. Does anyone have any OEM double din stereo brackets (the oddly shaped metal plates annotated 'bracket' in the lower image) for sale or even scrap?

eeea3e5007954519157fb3a2650413d5.jpg

I have a Scosche facia amongst other bits, and have considered modding a single din conversion - most double din kits require existing OEM brackets in any case it seems, so sourcing OEM brackets would be optimal. I have tried all of our esteemed sources on here so far, and unfortunately I have been unlucky.

My car was converted to single din ages ago, and I have Pioneer AVH-X5500BT to fit. It's been sitting upstairs in my spare bedroom since last year :scare:

Brackets missing must be a common non-GT / JDM problem?

Cheers

Chris :thumbs:

Well thanks to Steve Techinstaller's generosity in sending me FREE brackets (cockles of heart warmed on that one) - arrived in the post yesterday, I have had an epic day installing this:

d3deb7929e7f44ccc54d8454e04d1b9b.jpg

Of course I dismantled half my car in the process, routing wires from the boot to the HU, fiddling with my sub, wrapping miles of pvc tape around looms, moving and organising looms and plugs, soldering, splicing, and zipping about a billion cable ties. Cccoooold wind today too. Once you start pulling plastic off, its hard to stop until there is no plastic left :)

Reverse cam, radio and iPod all work fine. Excellent sound too - I like the touch screen audio setup.

Only bugs are the CD door is too tight - TBH I didn't know I had an ejector that did *that* :lol: And my aftermarket iPod extension is too short to go all the way back. Easy dismantle/tweek/reassemble fixes rather than more installation - but that'll do for today.

Ignore the trim mark next to the display on the LHS - it was already there :(

These brackets are definately better than the aftermarket plastic setup I had before. Much more secure, if a tiny bit more hassle.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi Chris how have you got your sat nav fitted is it just sat inside the cubby hole as I have a built in sat nav that can't be up-graded without the £2000 that nissan want ( old cd version ) so I use the screen sucker on the glass of the nav at the mo but want to be able to install my Garmin in its space cheers Shane

Hi Shane,

My JDM already had a top cubby without a satnav in it, so I used an Arkon stick mount - about £3.99 imported from Westconvonian via eBay IIRC. I believe the empty cubbys are around - don't know where from though. Since that picture, I have installed the Garmin Nuvi above by drilling into the cubby for a usb and aux aerial connection for traffic, routing power back and aerial up. My cubby was fully sealed originally - I believe others (maybe UK non-GT - guessing here) come with holes already. Big plus for my Garmin is that it's removable for map updates etc. Others have also made theirs better looking by making/installing a surround around the unit. All good :thumbs:

1adc744b.jpg

• Like 1