I want a chargespeed rear bumper... what should the damage be?

ostego

Was looking at my zed today from the side and it just looks a bit off given it has a front lip, skirts, but nothing on the rear.

Think it all falls down to it having a stock rear, and I've always loved the look of the chargespeed rear bumper since i first started looking at zeds.

Found this genuine one on amazon for £470 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charge-Speed-0260-Bumper-Nissan/dp/B00DOPIGBS

What sort of price would I be looking at from a body shop to fit and spray it? Know there may be extra issues with blending given that I have a le mans sunset zed.

Does anyone know of any cheaper places to get one, even if it is just taken from a mould? Have read RT performance did one, but they dont seem to have it up anymore.

I have quite good relations with a bodyshop in my area, so hopefully the labour if it does need a bit of work to it wouldn't be the biggest set back, but just wanted a guestimate, or quote from experience from others who have had similar work done to give me an overall price, or another source for the bumper, before i go getting ahead of myself and get too excited about this prospect!

Saw a poster on here who got one from the amazon link when the seller was selling them for £250 and they were the real deal!! Just wish I had had this idea earlier before their price hike!

RT performance on here do replicas for £320 I believe.

do you know if they're still selling them? As they only have 2 items listed on their site

£320 would be fair.... assuming it would then only be about £200 for fitting/spraying.... does that sound reasonable, or am i living in a dream world?

I bought the one off Amazon before the price hike, that is my review there :)

Really good fit and my local shop quoted £200 to spray and fit, but their faces did drop when they saw the size of the bumper so I think that was a good deal.

One thing to note is that the original part has a hole for the japanese number plate so you would need to either buy a cover or get them to fill the hole, also the number plate lights and boot release are on a smaller bracket so you need the bit off an import and switch them over (I think I have a spare if you need it)

I believe RT's version does not have the number plate hole not sure about the number plate lights though. (His carbon bit is cheaper too)

RT Performance have tweeked their's so in terms of fit its better than an original Chargespeed. A number of members on here as well as myself have a RT copy and are very pleased with it.

Payco

RT Performance have tweeked their's so in terms of fit its better than an original Chargespeed. A number of members on here as well as myself have a RT copy and are very pleased with it.

Payco

sounds promising! Thanks for the advice from everyone.

Now if only RT performance would reply to my email.... Am working the later shift so can't really phone them in the week! Sent them an email about this on Sunday and still no reply :boxing:

I WANT IT NOW!!