The Ultimate Drag Racer ?

Kev946

I went to Bug Jam today at Santa Pod and was reminiscing my days watching drag racing many years ago and having the pleasure of watching Slammin’ Sammy Miller in his Rocket powered Drag Car. For those who do not know this is the guy who has the overall ET record for the ¼ mile at 3.58 seconds. I’m pleased to say that this record was set here in the UK at Santa Pod Raceway. This makes Santa Pod’s current Jet Powered Car look slow. They ran a 6.1 seconds today.

Sammy Miller died in 2002 but was already a legend. The quote which shows this guys spirit and impresses me most was when he said “every time he raced the car his nose and ears bledâ€

Ive never heard of sammy miller but...

Amazing!! :yahoo: him, the car, and what he did. That thing fly's.

How did the tyres cope? I would have thoughta more aerodynamic shell would have been better.

Why has this record not been broken? Rules, regs?

How did he actually die?

R.I.P. :blush:

Ive never heard of sammy miller but...

Amazing!! :yahoo: him, the car, and what he did. That thing fly's.

How did the tyres cope? I would have thoughta more aerodynamic shell would have been better.

Why has this record not been broken? Rules, regs?

How did he actually die?

R.I.P. :blush:

I didn't realised he had died until today. What a man. R.I.P indeed. Apparently a work realted accident in the oilfields of Texas. The articles aren't too specific.

I think the simple reason the record hasn't broken is the human bodies limits.