imported 350z insurance

dazzerbone

just wandering what insurance companies you guys with imports use.

im 23 got 2 years insurance on my work van which i wanna keep so tried going in my mums insurance (yep i still live at home, sad i know) she has full protected no claims and i got quoted £2700 for an import and £1600 on a uk spec does this sound a bit pricey, i think it did considering i had a mk4 golf turbo and was paying £600.

cheers guys

Yes sounds really expensive.

Im 23(still live at home aswell :blush:) and I pay £826 with all mods declared.

Im with Bell.co.uk on a UK car but they only wanted an extra £50 for an import

:welcome: by the way

I pay about 670 for a 10 month bonus accelerator with Elephant, im 27 and with 3 points on my licence. I was quoted 490 before i got the 3 points (just a week before i was due to renew :rant: ). Crime is pretty low up here in the North East of Scotland so that probably affects things more than my driving ability! :p

I got quoted £680 by Admiral for my 05 import with 6 years no claim but I am twice your age which could be relevant! I insure it with them on a multicar insurance for a total of £920 which was less than many were quoting me on the Z alone.

I started with confused.com which at least gives you some idea of what to aim for.

I got quoted £680 by Admiral for my 05 import with 6 years no claim but I am twice your age which could be relevant! I insure it with them on a multicar insurance for a total of £920 which was less than many were quoting me on the Z alone.

I started with confused.com which at least gives you some idea of what to aim for.

Do Admiral mirror your NCB onto the other car on your policy?

Not sure how they worked the additional premium out but as you can only use your NCB on one car my second car insurance was going to be well over £600 if I insured it separately. With Admiral it was only approx £300 extra so in effect did mirror the 65% NCB I had.