My 2006 350z

big_joe

Thought I'd start a Diary of my 350z as I've had it a couple of weeks now. It's my first Z, had a whole assortment of Japanese performance cars before this though! Not gonna be any crazy build but more just a log of bits and bats that I do. Couple of pics from my evening blast tonight:

DSC_0301_zpseko3bo67.jpgDSC_0302_zpsdjboopfb.jpg

So I bought the Z in a part ex deal with my immaculate civic type R EK9

DSC_0245_zps7lrepohh.jpg

I bought it knowing it had a knocking noise from the front drivers side suspension. Had a poke a round and found loads of play in the big bush on the compression arm. Not sure if the ball joint was nackerd too (i reckon it was), I decided to cut my losses and buy a whole new OEM assembly. Purchased from Horsham

Developments for £250 with a new cone

Luckily these are pretty easy to fit. Subframe dropped and arm removed.

DSC_0289_zpsgysnconp.jpg

Old vs new

DSC_0288_zpsskfpbgpt.jpg

Fitted. MMMMM shiney

DSC_0290_zpstczko8ai.jpg

So test drive and hurrah no more knocking! Also didn't realise how badly it was affecting the car but it's now much more stable under braking and Cornering too!

Next up will be brakes,alignment,decent tyres and a few other bits. Really enjoying the car at the moment but there's definite room for improvement!

I generally do all my own work on my cars. I've found jap cars are usually bolted together pretty similarly, working on a 2006 is a breeze compared to some of the early 90s stuff I've had where everything you touch is seized solid :D.

• 2 months later...

Small update. Braking was pretty crap when I bought the car so took delivery on this little lot from cougar store. Glad I did because on inspection the pads were almost down to the metal and the discs pretty lipped!

DSC_0352_zpsil0djih4.jpg

Ferrodo DS2500 front and rear pads

Black Diamond front and rear discs

Motul RBF600 fluid

Before and after

DSC_0359_zpsfuemvpr1.jpg

DSC_0360_zpsfclsg7ho.jpg

Flushing and bleeding

DSC_0361_zpsosh9kx9u.jpg

So with the brakes sorted....time to address the tyres. It was running RE040s on the front and budget rears, traction control was constantly kicking in with no real need and didn't feel right at all. So I decided to see what all the fuss was about and order a set of Michelin pilot supersports :D

DSC_0382_zpspeewmxqb.jpg

after bedding in the brakes and tyres I took her out for a proper drive.....wow it's like a different car. So much grip from the tyres and braking is nice and powerful. Will see what they can really do at cadwell park shortly!

DSC_0374_zpss591nxyq.jpg

Next up will be 4 wheel alignment then I'll be looking for a new exhaust system.

Looking good. I found the Black Diamonds to be a very good upgrade over OEM, however the biggest difference for me was braided brake lines along with the RBF600. A proper 4 wheel alignment will make the car feel more planted too :)