brake pads

xStric9x

Hi all.

Spent a good few hours yesterday cleaning, polishing and waxing the zed B) .

As soon as i'd finished i had to nip half a mile to the shop to pick up a few bits and pieces.When i got out i couldn't believe the amount of brake dust on the wheels :angry: , so my question is....are there any pads out there that don't produce that amount of crap?

Hi all.

As soon as i'd finished i had to nip half a mile to the shop to pick up a few bits and pieces.When i got out i couldn't believe the amount of brake dust on the wheels :angry: , so my question is....are there any pads out there that don't produce that amount of crap?

EBC redstuff seem to chuckout less than the original Nissan items :thumbs:

Hi all.

EBC redstuff seem to chuckout less than the original Nissan items :thumbs:

My Mintex Xtreme's are meant to very good on this score and I've no complaints 2 weeks in. :thumbs:

what about those Ferodo DS2500? less?

I have noticed in increase in dust from the DS2500, but as BP says not significantly more than OEM.

But Also I think because I cleaned the wheels fully when i replaced the pads, the dust does not seem to stick to the wheels and so long as you give the wheels a good jet wash weekly (1quid at tesco and you get rid of nasty bug in the front bumper also), the dust does not stick so much to the wheels...

I don't consider it a major issue... stone chips and Effin' birds deciding to sh!t on my car an no one elses in my street...are more of a concern for me... :rant:

Sarnie had the DS, sure he said the same

Yep, covered my polished lip in loads of dust. Rims looked nearly all black after a few days after cleaning :dry:

However the performance was miles better than the EBC's and standards. :)

EBC Yellowstuff also less dust than the Ferrodos (probably same amount as Redstuff), plus it's a higher rated pad than the Redstuff.

Gus

Not very good for normal road use and very harsh on discs.

Wow this thread could go on for years :p

I'm just after something not to harsh on the discs,also doesn't put dust all over my wheels(or should i say less dust),and finally a reasonable price?

EBC Yellowstuff also less dust than the Ferrodos (probably same amount as Redstuff), plus it's a higher rated pad than the Redstuff.

Gus

Not very good for normal road use and very harsh on discs.

Wow this thread could go on for years :p

I'm just after something not to harsh on the discs,also doesn't put dust all over my wheels(or should i say less dust),and finally a reasonable price?

Then Redstuff will suit you fine £99 full car set.

are you guys just changing the pads for a little bit of extra stopping power, or didd you change them because your oems wore out?

im a bit of a noob with brakes, i still have the oem on car is nearly 3 yrs old on 30k - do my brakes need changing, and is it easy to do yourself

are you guys just changing the pads for a little bit of extra stopping power, or didd you change them because your oems wore out?

im a bit of a noob with brakes, i still have the oem on car is nearly 3 yrs old on 30k - do my brakes need changing, and is it easy to do yourself

No buddy, just sick off the amount of dust on my rims so soon after i've cleaned it.

Will be changing the make when these wear out or low :thumbs: