Tuned 350s

z32bolt

Just out of curiosity really, with then being non turbo. How many are running more than stock levels of power. I mean actually dyno proven noticeable improvements.

How rare is a say 350-400 or 4-500hp z33?

Many are tuned with dyno print outs as proof. the only way to gain any power on the Z33 is to have it re-tuned usually UPREV using the stock ECU, and that requires the use of a dyno anyway. This will only give between 280 and 320ish depending on engine etc... Its very hard to get big gains if staying N/A

Forced induction is the only way to get proper power. There's a few on here that have superchargers or turbos fitted and power levels range from about 360 to over 500hp.

Lots of information if you do a search here. Try 'dyno' 'supercharger' uprev' 'Turbo etc....

I'm running more than the stock level for my 350Z but it's not a lot more. Stock = 276bhp, Actual = 293.4bhp.

I would say it is fairly rare for a Zed to be around the bhp figures you've quoted unless using FI or some serious engine internal upgrades.

Still there are a few members on here with some great Zeds that do have the sort of bhp figures you've quoted so it is definitely achievable. B):)

Nice. Yes tuning na's is a bit if a money pit. I built a 2l pinto about 8 years ago, lots of money later I'd upped myself to 130rwhp. Not overly impressive gains for the money...fun though.

I've met one or two forced induction z33s. From what I understand the bottom end must be built as the compression ratio and internals would be unsuitable, is that correct?

Most seem to have a few bolt ons that net them 10-20hp but the higher power cars don't seen all that common. Surely cost for cost with it being an expensive engine to make big gains engine swaps would be more common place? I'd love to see a vh45de z33 or an ls variant, rb would be a bit boring and wrong in my opinion. A chap in the US has swapped out a vg30de to the z33 engine. I suppose he wanted to say NA so the gains from the stock 225hp would have been good.

Supercharging is the best bang for your buck with these cars, but also dropping an LS lump in is quite popular in the states and there are 2 builds going on in the UK at the moment by Bizz and Wasso.