Cobra non resonated or resonated

monkeybrain1234

I am in two minds!

Like a loud deep sound from my exhaust, not raspy. Have an opportunity to sell my 6 month old scorpion exhaust. (Came with car when I bought)

Would like a nice burble at idle and a deep roar through rest of revs.

People seem to say you get drone on the non resonated cobra, can someone tell me between what rpm does the drone occur please?

Also open to other suggestions.

Thanks

I have non-res and its fine, no problem and personally I don't notice any drone, I was a bit concerned before I got it, having read a few things about the non res drone but I think its fine and I love the sound it makes for the price it is.

Thanks for the replies. Between 2700 and 3500, hmmm just like you said that is motorway cruising speed. The drone at any other time I am not fussed about.

I am not planning Berks or Decat as I cant be bothered with the MOT issues.

Anyone with a Non-resonated cobra system is the sound a deep burble? Better still anyone in the Gloucestershire area with either the cobra exhausts? Youtube really does not do justice to picking between the two.

Thanks folks

I have the non res, and i admit the exhaust is very droney when cruising between 2000 / 3000. On the plus side the exhaust note is

amazing. Its got that nice burble up to 4000 then you get what i can only describe as like a crackle popping sound when you go past that.

Sounds epic :) I was very conscious of getting an exhaust that was going to sound to raspy and chavy to a certain respect but this exhaust

sounds ace and turns alot of heads. It is loud tho but if can live with the drone then go for it

Hope that's helpful

I got the non res fitted last saturday (thanks to CS for supplying, great service). After what i'd read on here about what people were saying about how loud and how much drone there is i thought it was a bit of a risk but i didn't want to spend 400+ quid on the resonated and then find it i still wanted more volume.

I was suprised at how relatively quite it is at low revs and how little drone there is. Drive the car at low revs and it's as quiet as you like. Did a 3 hr round trip on the motorway on Saturday night, yes it drones under steady aceleration, but who constantly drives like this?! And as said it's not something the Bose can't rectify.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

I got the non res fitted last saturday (thanks to CS for supplying, great service). After what i'd read on here about what people were saying about how loud and how much drone there is i thought it was a bit of a risk but i didn't want to spend 400+ quid on the resonated and then find it i still wanted more volume.

I was suprised at how relatively quite it is at low revs and how little drone there is. Drive the car at low revs and it's as quiet as you like. Did a 3 hr round trip on the motorway on Saturday night, yes it drones under steady aceleration, but who constantly drives like this?! And as said it's not something the Bose can't rectify.

Hope that helps.