Testdriving Zeds

We buy any car offers 7 too but apparently you take it there and they just knock it down on minor things i.e. the odd stonechip. Is 7k really too much for that? I see you got yours for that but yours is higher mileage and older - like you say though its on condition and SH more than mileage. I'll see how it is and report back. Thanks

We buy any car offers 7 too but apparently you take it there and they just knock it down on minor things i.e. the odd stonechip.

Ive heard the same thing about them.

At end of the day, a trader (if they like your car) they will offer you 30% less than what they will put it on their forecourt for, which usually is about 15% less than you`d get privately. When I part ex`d my 2007 HR a couple of years back they gave me 9k compared to the 12k which i could have probably got privately.

If they dont like your car then they will make a joking offer. When I was looking to buy my HR originally the garage offered me £300 for my old runabout Golf GT TDI which I promptly stuck on ebay and got £2500 for.

One thing I did find strange when buying my zed is that none of the garages would shift on the price at all. They all wanted full screen price or nothing at all. Even if it meant missing out on the sale. One place in particular wanted £16k for a 2007 HR, and would not even take £15000 for it. In the end they couldnt sell it and I saw the same car up for £14k at one point before they must have off loaded it in an auction.

The one I ended up buying the main dealer wanted £16k for and even after about 3 hours of haggling the only thing they gave me was 6 months road tax, new MOT & service and I paid the full screen price.

What would work in my favour is the one in trader in Burton also has an avant version of my car for sale with lesser wheels and no black optics pack for 8700. That will help my way. Im still confused about that grey one in burton - If Im correct, its revup engine but it has the bonnet bulge bumper? Im just about to go look at this too - Older than I would have liked but could be clean.

I don't want to spend beyond my means which I think an HR is.

http://www.jdmotorcompany.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-350-z-3-5-v6-3dr-toton-201403142518199

Edited by 3fiddleyzed

Im still confused about that grey one in burton - If Im correct, its revup engine but it has the bonnet bulge bumper?

The grey (they say it's silver) one in Burton isn't rev-up, the rev-up would have the newer headlights, rear lights, front bumper and interior of the HR but without the bonnet bulge. That Burton one has none of those things.

• Like 2

Went to go and see it - wasn't allowed a test drive unless I agreed a deal and the only thing that could make me back out is if the car wasn't right somewhere.. Im done with salesmen. As advised I am going to get the wheels done and audi really tidy, put a grand or 2 aside and wait for one to come up privately, hopefully on here

Bet your disappointed mate that sucks! I hate salesmen that wont let you test drive the car-how the hell do they sell any? Yeah try that plan then. You never know 1 might pop up again for the right money just keep your eye out and don't lose hope :teeth: