Battery went dead - now cranks but no fire up :(

Madhatter

Help! SOS! :)

Been doing a few bits to car and all been working fine and starting/running fine.

Unfortunately battery went dead in lockup - recharged and battery all good, however now the car won't start :(

It cranks but no go :(. Checked obd - no codes or errors, all clean. Tried engine start - worked! So checked fuel pump and wasn't sure so replaced (def works). Tried again but no joy - tried both keys and nothing - just crank and that's it.

All leccys working fine, wipers, lights, air con, doors lock and open all fine.

Any ideas or help much appreciated! Read I'm desperate and willing to do most things ;) hehe

do you hear a clicking when trying to start and if so is it slow or fast video might help :thumbs:

Good point :thumbs:

I know this might sound daft but disconnect and leave 5 minutes then reconnect the battery. If that doesn't cure it check fuses and relays, especially the block which you have to unclip and pull back to get the battery in and out.

Zed's can be a bit temperamental when a battery runs flat and is then replaced.

Edited by choptop

Thanks all! Going to try a few things and will then report back.

Fitted new rocker cam (passenger side), grounding kit, cosworth plenum, pop charger, carbon intake pipe as well as two power cables through bulkhead for amps and aux. weirdly though cars has been started and running since :(

I thought immobiliser but Nats light does go out on key turn...weird

Hi all

Bit of an update - went down lockup Saturday and tried a load of things but still no joy.

Ripped out all fuses and back in, checked all grounding points including grounding kit and all looks good. Checked all fittings in engine.

Checked battery and connectors - reading a healthy 12.6 v.

Now started playing with keys and doors! The master key locks and sets up alarm (in door) but I get a long buzzing noise from boot. When I then unlock with key and open driver door alarm goes off. Remote works perfect to lock/unlock and no issue at all.

Second key completely dead - does nothing.

Meanwhile passenger door also does nothing - if I open or close alarm is unaffected and I don't get the open door chime. Also the courtesy light does nothing - but switches in/off fine.

Starting to think Nats has gone bonkers or the bcm ? Module is ill? Def no smell of fuel anywhere so engine is def being starved :(

I'm located in cardiff, South Wales so Sod's law probably miles away from everyone :(

Well as this thread has somewhat died but I've still got problem I'll try and update with any news in case anyone else ever gets it.

So on Saturday I'll be down the lockup again and plan to try the ECU, bcm and key resets and go from there :)

Yep - cranks but def no fuel. Changed fuel pump but no joy - will check fuel relay.

What's interesting is the remotes no longer work but keys open and close and crank car. Meanwhile when locking car their is a buzzer noise in the boot and when I unlock the car with key alarm goes.....

Must be immobiliser but no idea what, why or how to fix, what issue is, etc. :(

The key not working shouldn't be a problem with starting as the alarm is done by the key and there is a little chip in the car that disables the immobilizer so looks like a few problems

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Eureka! well sort of!

I've found the cause and last night she was back to life (admittedly a temp solution but one I can work with). It seems that the ignition live to the fuel pump doesn't want to work and provides exactly the same conditions as a NATS issue.

I made up my own ignition live direct to fuel pump and viola car came to life. I was then able to reset the key fob to work perfectly and the whole car opens/closes/alarms/knocks off alarm all fine!!! So now I need to check the continuity of the ignition live to the fuel pump (including the relay).

A massive thanks to everyone for helping - in particular Madmikester who stuck by me through the search!!