Lost locking wheel key - replacement or new set ?

RobPhoboS

I've no flipping idea how but I've managed to loose the bloody key after using it yesterday :rant: (just gonna look through tools again to make sure).

So I was thinking either purchase Laser kit from halfords ( http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_196491_langId_-1_categoryId_255216 ) & buy a new set - if so, any recommendations, what size ?

Or, is it worth taking it up to Nissan to order a new key ? (I can only presume it's standard locking nuts on the Rays).

What a dopey sod.

:blink:

left it on the wheel ? I lost mine on my 370z, found out they were mcgard locking wheel nuts, contacted them and got a replacement

-one key costs Euro 18,00 / two keys Euro 30,00 (about GBP 16,00 / GBP 26,00)

-Standard delivery is included and takes about a week.

-Express delivery costs an extra charge of 18€.

We will have to book in your express order until 14 o´clock for a despatch on the same working day.

if you look in the service history, find the supplying dealer,email the sevice dept they will know what was fitted

Hth

paul

Edited by GIXXERUK

Ah many thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated !

I think all that happened is, I picked up my tools and it probably just fell off the end of the breaker bar without me realising it (I gave up on the job, bolts rounding, shearing etc). I was on our property the whole time but I have a feeling it's either rolled out of sight, or someone has picked it up.

If someone has picked it up, perhaps getting new ones make more sense (I know they aren't exactly secure anyway). I'm expecting tyres today, and they have to be changed ASAP.

I'm going to put some bright tape around the new key I think. DOH.

Dopey returns pt2.

Ok, so I grabbed the Laser locking wheel nut removal 'kit' - did the first one, it's off - but er - how in fooking crikey do I get it out of the removal socket ? :lol::surrender:

Hmm, so if I re-tighten it back onto the wheel the removal socket comes off - but then obviously the locking nut is on properly again - ffs, feeling like a true special needs case today.

Edited by RobPhoboS

You should have the code for the wheel nuts in your owners book or in the boot if your plastic mcgard holder is still in there. You can order direct or through Nissan. Nissan however only recognise so many of them so you may as well go direct. If you don't manage to find out which they are have them removed and I have 1 spare used set you can buy :thumbs:

Ah if you saw what I typed up, I wanted a new set as I don't know if someone picked up the old key.

So I have another set, can't get the nut out of the 'removal socket' thing I bought, heh (mole grips didn't work, no vice here either, and tried using the other removal socket on the end but it won't thread on)

Ah if you saw what I typed up, I wanted a new set as I don't know if someone picked up the old key.

So I have another set, can't get the nut out of the 'removal socket' thing I bought, heh (mole grips didn't work, no vice here either, and tried using the other removal socket on the end but it won't thread on)

Post a pic :thumbs:

You tried heat ?

Have you tried putting the bolt back on, it may have bit on to it as you have undone it and if you tighten it the other direction it may come lose ?

Or put it back on and use an extension bar and angle it (waggle it)

Edited by GIXXERUK