FS: 370Z Carbon Bonnet Dampers

14N

Woohoo - First post in the 370Z Parts For Sale section! :yahoo: (And I haven't even got a '70).

Hi All,

I currently have one set of 370Z carbon bonnet dampers and I'm looking for a willing volunteer to help me trial them before I place an order for any more.

Ideally I need a volunteer that's handy with a set of spanners and a camera.:thumbs:

I am offering the dampers at a reduced price as I'm asking that whoever buys them provides feedback on the fitting and also please produces a fitting guide, with pics to help other members that might buy them, should I order any more (subject to positive feedback).

A guide like cs2000's for the 350Z dampers would be perfect: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/72194-how-to-fit-circuit-sports-bonnet-dampers/page__hl__%2Bbonnet+%2Bdampers

So, here's a pic of the dampers and the hardware that's included.

Dampers370_zpsfe6c2ae3.jpeg

And here's a couple of pics of the instructions that are included.

Dampers3701_zps97f57298.jpeg

Dampers3702_zps41c1112a.jpeg

I think, looking at the instructions, that a small amount of trimming maybe required to a part of the plastic cover near the brake and battery covers, but unfortunately I do not have access to a 370Z to confirm this. Apart from this possible modification, they do look as simple to fit as the 350Z ones.

The (reduced) cost of this first set is £70 delivered.

A question.

Do you know if these would affect the operation of the 370 bonnet lift system in the event the car had a shunt?

Thinking about whether that might have implications for insurance and the MOT.

In all honesty Colin, I'm not sure. The only fitting information I have is shown above. I will do some further investigation. I was not aware of the 370Z bonnet lift system until after I'd ordered these.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the 370 and assumed the fitting would be very similar to the 350. I do not have any 370 owners local to me so I can have a look under the bonnet (hence the reason this set has appeared as a trial).

The 370 dampers do not seem to be as readily available as the 350 ones - Think I now know why! I might just stick 'em on eBay. :lol:

A question.

Do you know if these would affect the operation of the 370 bonnet lift system in the event the car had a shunt?

Thinking about whether that might have implications for insurance and the MOT.

If it did I think I'd be more worried about a law suit in the unlikely event that I hit a pedestrian, isn't that what they bonnet lift thing is for? Reducing harm to pedestrians? Or is my memory really that bad?

Thanks T C.

I've done a bit of research and the ones I have appear to be exactly the same as the Circuit Sports 370Z dampers (in the same way my 350 ones are). The fixing brackets are exactly the same as the CS ones.

The brackets/hardware in the ones you have linked to above are different (I'm not claiming one is better than the other). The dampers I have are considerably shorter than the ones in the eBay ad (and also shorter than the 350 ones), so will assume they use a different mounting point.

A friendly, local owner (hello Jonny :wave: ) is giving me access to his shiny new Nismo 370 once he's picked it up, so I should have a much greater idea of what exactly is involved in fitting these very soon.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not seen anything technical about the 370's bonnet lifters, but I suspect that like others, they fire a small charge at the rear of the bonnet which lifts it up to reduce the angle between the bonnet and windscreen?

If so, the dampers will have no effect. Each end of the damper is able to pivot on its ball joints which allows for the movement needed, also remember that the strut will expand and contract if allowed so if the bonnet lifters fired and the bonnet jumped up at the rear, the lifters I4N is selling should simply pivot and extend as needed.

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1