Airbag light started flashing

squit

The procedure described in the video only works if the discrepancy that caused the flashing AIR BAG light has been repaired or is intermittent and not currently active. Active faults cannot be reset.

Some OBD scan tools can read SRS faults. If the light will not reset and you don't have access to such a scan tool, you will probably have to go to your Nissan dealer to have the system chjecked and repaired.

Hey Squit, you haven't got a bottle of water or something rolling around under your seat have you? This, as Gudzy says is enough to knock out the connection as they're not the most robust of things. If that is not the case then you could do the pedal dance and video the flashes on your phone, this would then give you the code, if you record it you can concentrate on the timings

This has happened to me on several occasions after a flat or disconnected batteries, however the wiring connection under the seat is not very good and jumping into the seat hard can make a fault. I have had my Z 7years and had the wiring connection hard soldered however I can say that using the above does work. I have used my OBD scanner and it rarely picks up this fault. Try it and see.

I'm going to have to try my scanner tonight. I did the ignition 3x thing after looking underneath each of the seats. Nothing was out of place nor rolling around - so I can't quite figure out what's wrong.

The only thing I noticed was at the front of the passenger seat, there was a connector with nothing plugged into it, however I can't see another cable flapping about.

Ah I just noticed in the video it's 4x and timing was different to me, going to try that in a moment !

Edited by RobPhoboS