Planning to see some cars. Is early clutch change something to worry about ?

Hasaki

So im planning to go see a zed this weekend if time allows. but i noticed this one which writes that its had a clutch change not long ago.

Is this something i should be rather worried of?

Are these cars ok with so much thrashing that it needs a clutch change at 42k ? or am i just being too worried here...

I would like to know your thoughts.

many thanks !

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403072320407/sort/locasc/usedcars/quicksearch/true/model/350_z/make/nissan/page/1/postcode/wn60yd/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

Just changed mine @ 42k it was a good decision. Although it drove perfectly well the clutch and flywheel were shot. It all depends on how the previous owners have driven it. But the car is made for some fierce driving so no problems with regard reliability.

Alreet owd lad!

If its had a recent clutch change then I wouldnt worry about it.

It saves you the expense of changing it in the near future

^ This! :thumbs:

Don't forget that it's also 8 years old! Not many cars would go that long without needing a new clutch, especially one with ~300hp. For the record mine is the same age and about 45k, but still has the original clutch. I'm expecting mine to go any time, but no signs so far.

Hello all,

Thanks for the posts so far !

The car exterior was nice, but i heard 2 noises which i wanted to ask here about.

1) light buzzing from the front of the engine, sounded like something from the compressor or alternator area ? this can be heard in the cabin also.

2) gear box like whine, i think the pitch changed with the wheel speed but i really cant remember now...

What are they both likely to be ?

After some searching, 2) might be diff ?

Like the title says, the car has a had a clutch and master cyl, if that info helps.

The guy reckons it may have needed a realignment after the clutch change... i dont understand this ??

many thanks !

EDIT

Looks like 2) might be input shaft bearing.

Im seeing a lot of comments about it being OK, and that it will keep driving for a little longer... However, i cant find details on how much it might cost to get it done ?

Edited by Hasaki