Auto door lock - can't seem to activate

hype

Apologies if this has been covered before, couldn't find much on the search. I've tried to switch on the auto door locks as described here but it doesn't seem to work: www.350z-uk.com/topic/41856-370z-vehicle-speed-sensing-auto-door-lock/

Does anyone know if it's available on all models? Or if it can be disabled altogether somehow? Mine isn't on at the moment, but I'd like it to be. I'm a bit funny about locking the doors and ideally they'd do so the minute I got in!

It could be I have heard of it not working on some 59's

Varies with the year as Paul says but try ............ ( works on most but not on some 09 models afaik)

The automatic door lock function ON/OFF can be switched by performing the following operation.

1. Close all doors (door switch OFF)

2. Turn ignition switch ON

3. Press and hold the door lock and unlock switch for 5 seconds or more in the lockdirection within 20 seconds

after turning the ignition switch ON.

4. The switching is complete when the hazard lamp blinks.

OFF → ON : 2 blinks

ON → OFF : 1 blink

Edited by GIXXERUK

I'm a bit funny about locking the doors and ideally they'd do so the minute I got in!

I just use the door lock button ahead of the window power buttons, when I feel the rare need that is.....

Otherwise, I tend to leave them unlocked on the basis that should something happen to me i.e. heart attack, that would make it more difficult others to provide help - a bit morbid but then that's what age does for you :surrender: