Painting wing mirror

jayrishi

Hello I need abit of help. Basically I need to replace the current wing mirror on the car due the previous owner cracking it. I've got a replacement in the same colour buts needs a respray. I was gonna do it over the weekend but was wondering what I would need. I'm not sure what sanding paper to use and also the spray tins that I will need. I no I have to get primer and the paint but what else would I need to get and maybe a little help on the procedure.

Cheers

Hi mate,

I'm no expert here but you would probably need various grades of wet 'n' dry sandpaper from 800 - 1500, primer, colour matched paint and clear laquer. All of this will be cracking on for about £30 anyway. What colour do you have? If you have a metallic colour then it will be difficult to get an exact colour match due to the way the metallic flecks fall - best left to a pro. A solid colour is easier. For the procedure - probably best to google it to be honest, loads of guides out there. For a small part like a wing mirror you can probably get away with using spray cans.

TBH, I agree with KyleR - for the money spent it will probably work out better value for a pro to do it, particularly if it's metallic paint.

Good luck :thumbs: