K & N

Harryjax

I read on the American forums for the 370z's the short ram intakes reduce power? or is that in the American 20-30 degrees climate? Do you need a remap to improve the cars ability to accept the larger intakes or again is this due to the American cars being tuned to run on combustible sludge?

They do , short rams draw hot air from around the engine and this will reduce power

• Like 1

Fitted mine a few days ago...

looks great in the engine bay.

very easy to fit.

great noise when you stand on the throttle in 2nd or 3rd at 3k rpm and at 5k rpm +

feels more responsive and smoother lower down

fuel consumption is worse due to more standing on the throttle!!!! :D

£380 delivered by chris at Tarmacsportz

• Like 1

very easy to fit.

great noise when you stand on the throttle in 2nd or 3rd at 3k rpm and at 5k rpm +

They do look very smart.have you noticed any changes to how hot the engine gets or how quickly?

very easy to fit.

They do look very smart.have you noticed any changes to how hot the engine gets or how quickly?

not really noticed any difference in temps as yet

• Like 1

I've always thought K & N are K & Poo! when ever I have bought their air filters (albeit on 2 occasions) all I ever noticed was the car used more petrol. Pipercross on the other hand seem to make a difference from my experience, if not made a great noise.

Same, I don't rate them. No discernable increase in performance in anyway. On one V6 I had it dropped performance noticeably.

Pipercross are much better from my experience too.

• Like 1

I've always thought K & N are K & Poo! when ever I have bought their air filters (albeit on 2 occasions) all I ever noticed was the car used more petrol. Pipercross on the other hand seem to make a difference from my experience, if not made a great noise.

Same, I don't rate them. No discernable increase in performance in anyway. On one V6 I had it dropped performance noticeably.

Pipercross are much better from my experience too.

i absolutely agree. Perhaps it's different on the 350z, i don't know, but because of my previous experience with their products that fell short to impress, i won't be buying from them again. The throttle response from the pipercross kits i've bought have been better by a country mile. Including the roaring sound!