Echoice

Face

Two words............ stay away

With these guy atm with a different car

Below is my complaints letter, sums it all up really apart from they said if i took the new customer quote they will revoke my insurance the next year :-/ nice

They havent replied yet, TBH im just going to go elsewhere as their quote was expensive.

But i thought i would share and hopefully no new Z drivers get stung by these people.

Dear Echoice

I'm writing to make a complaint.

I am purchasing a new car Saturday as I have been quoted to be insured by you on Compare the market

Quote no

I tried to make the changes to my online account and it came back saying you couldn’t insure me.

Rang customer services and they all came to the same result. Too young, Which is funny as im not to young to be a new customer.

They checked the details of the quote to what you have on record and it’s the same.

You advisor Dawn informed me it’s a glitch in the system……how does that help me?

I have now committed to a car you won't insure. and if I go elsewhere I will lose my 6th year no claims as my policy ends 1st of May

What it looks like to me is that you will insure anyone to get the customer but won't let an existing customer be insured on the same car. If it was a "glitch" I doubt im the first or last person to be affected.

Very unhappy with this as I'm now losing out whatever I do because of your "glitch" I leave you I lose my 6th year, I take your new customer quote and again I lose my 6th NCB

What are you going to do to help me?????

My policy number is

Look forward to your response

Edited by Face

What? :lol:

So (This is what 'ive made from this)....

You're currently with Echoice.

You did a quote with them on CTM and they couldn't insure you.

You phone them up and they still can't give you a quote.

This is where I now get confused

Actually I really am confused :lol: So what just happened?

surely they have to honor a quote, legally, no matter if it was a glitch, you were still quoted

same thing actually happened to me. got a quote from adrian flux

so i rang them the next day only for them to say no they couldnt insure me on my 350z, and they couldnt find the quote. i then gave them the actual policy number only for them to state a 'glitch'

next day when im sleeping i get a call from adrian flux, saying that they could quote me better than what moneysupermarket were saying

so i gave them my details for 40 GODDAMN minutes only for them to say that they couldnt insure me on a 350!!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

makes me angry just thinking about it

it will be a very long time before i insure with them again,, if ever

Edited by Desey

You did a quote with them on CTM and they couldn't insure you.

No, he did a quote on CTM and they could do it through that site but not when going direct.

They sometimes give a quote based on some assumptions as the set of questions CTM ask may not match the insurers, however details such as age, which they are saying is the problem here, should be pretty universal.

I work for an insurance company, aggregator websites are a real pain in the backside to work with. Most quotes done on such sites have terms attached to cover that it won't necessarily be a correct quote.

Sorry if i was confusing,

Im with them at present with a different car

Did the CTM and my insurance company was on there....happy days

But when i tried to actually to change my car they said no

But if i take a new policy through CTM its a yes, because of a glitch, but when its comes to renewel, they will cancel my policy

Edited by Face

• 4 weeks later...

I found that a lot of online quote engines would give me prices but when I phoned to take the policy they then said they wouldn't cover me due to modifications or lack of no claims even though I entered these details into CTM/MSM etc.