Anyone local-ish to reading RG7?

Rocky4510

Just trying my luck really, I'm wondering if anyone's local to reading or maybe down the m4 corridor who wouldn't mind meeting up and checking over the Z I've just brought? This is the only Z I have driven other than a very little test drive in 1 other before. I'm mainly just curious to know if my clutch feels normal it seems like the biting point is quite high, hard to do smooth gear changes and seems very hard to stall (not that I try to stall it on purpose).

I'd just like someone else's opinion before I splash out on gear oils/moly grip etc

Hopefully there will be someone local, as Rich says, Jez Horsham Dev is a reputable place to start.

As for the high biting point, that's the same for us all, I wouldn't say it affects my gear changes though, as I just dump the clutch right down, and pfft slot into gear. If it makes you feel better, when I hopped into another car (Saab 93 and Golf GTI) I went to put the clutch in, and almost put my foot through the floor :lol:

Ok cheers, maybe im just being paranoid and impatient. It feels like a complete tank compared to what I've owned in the past so I guess it's just gunna take some more getting used too lol. I'll stick to getting the oils changed just for a piece of mind

sounds normal to me - whenever i get back in my zed after driving something modern and VAG-ish i immediately think i have four flat tyres as the steering is heavy, i nearly stall pulling away as the clutch is heavy, and then i find I need a bigger stab on the brake pedal as they arent massively overservoed like a lot of modern stuff.

it can be a bit of a tank around town, but once you get on a fast A road it starts to make sense :thumbs:

sounds normal to me - whenever i get back in my zed after driving something modern and VAG-ish i immediately think i have four flat tyres as the steering is heavy, i nearly stall pulling away as the clutch is heavy, and then i find I need a bigger stab on the brake pedal as they arent massively overservoed like a lot of modern stuff.

it can be a bit of a tank around town, but once you get on a fast A road it starts to make sense :thumbs:

Again, thanks. I drive a merc sprinter all day long and when I get in the Z if feels like I'm going to war. So it's just a matter of getting used to I guess :)