Just brought my zed, got a problem allready. Advice please?

Rocky4510

Would an EML cause an MOT failure? If so isn't it illegal for anyone to sell a car that isn't roadworthy? Just because a car has an MOT doesn't mean it's roadworthy..

Just food for thought but yeah, you're pretty much going to have to foot the bill unless the other party is feeling nice.

Would an EML cause an MOT failure? If so isn't it illegal for anyone to sell a car that isn't roadworthy? Just because a car has an MOT doesn't mean it's roadworthy..

Just food for thought but yeah, you're pretty much going to have to foot the bill unless the other party is feeling nice.

I don't think so amd anyway how do you prove that this was the first time the light has come on? No doubt it isn't but how would you prove that?

Sent from the golf club...

I don't think so amd anyway how do you prove that this was the first time the light has come on? No doubt it isn't but how would you prove that?

Was or wasn't? I guess there isn't a way to prove it's come on before but at least it's a straw to grasp at. :)

Was or wasn't? I guess there isn't a way to prove it's come on before but at least it's a straw to grasp at. :)

Just really bad luck, I mean you can't really give it the beans on a test drive and most don't last long enough to get everything right up to temp even...

Fingers crossed it is just an exhaust air flow sensor or something that is fairly cheap and easily accessible :thumbs:

Edited by spursmaddave

Managed to get the car to a garage and plugged in, 3 things came up - a bank 1 sensor 2 (which i believe is a exhaust sensor?) and 2 maximum voltage errors i think? Anyway the guy cleared them and they havent come on since a good few hours of driving. I'm dissapointed with the seller as he told me the only problem with the car was the airbag light and it turned out the car will need possible x4 new tyres at somepoint, rear drop link, exhaust is starting to corrode and a couple of bits. But i still paied the ammount as it was cheaper than i wanted to spend so im just gunna have to fork out a bit to get it to scratch. But the bodywork is immaculat and she is a beauty, i just cant wait to get used to the monster!

Thanks for the advice all

The most expensive outlay that you will have, from your list will probably be the tyres.

Did you not think of checking the tyres before handing over your hard earned ?

After market cats may be the reason for the rear sensor EML.

Alex. :)

• Like 1

I did check the tyres, to be honest I'm not even sure why they are advised :/ loads of tread left but they apparently cracked, I really can't see much cracking lol. However they look like cheapish tyres and I will be buying a set of bridgestones for her. I think the car is 100% standard, but I wanted to have a play with a new exhaust anyways so I'm not too fussed about the exhaust corrosion. The only thing I do dread is the clutch going, I'm hoping it's ok and I'm just getting used to it but my gear changes aren't smooth lol. I'll make a post soon to see if anyone local would be kind enough to meet up and maybe have a little check over her to see what they think

Gear changes can be a bit "knotchy" at times especially when cold but changing the gearbox oil & adding some Molyslip could sort that out. http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=78_169_293_1418&products_id=25501

I believe Michelin Pilot Super Sports are widely regarded as the best tyres to put on a Zed and a trader on here called Funky Tyres did have these at a great price for forum members. If you still want Bridgestones though it's always worth a PM to them for a quote just to see the price difference between them and your local tyre supplier. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/211-funky-tyres-ltd/

As for the clutch, well it could be as I mentioned above that a gearbox oil change with Molyslip too will help improve the gear changes & your clutch is fine. Mine is still on it's original clutch at 89K miles odd. Another member I was speaking to recently has his original clutch still at over 100K!

If you don't know when the clutch fluid was last changed though this would be worth doing and maybe worth considering a braided clutch line too at the same time. Servicing schedule can be found here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

Things need changing/replacing depending on years gone by or mileage covered (whichever comes first). Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Give it a good service and get ALL the fluids changed along with belts, that's what I did. Put some molyslip additive in with the gearbox oil as well as this will help smooth the shifts. Just be a little sympathetic with 1st to 2nd when cold and blip the throttle.

O2 sensors seem to kick off quite a lot on these cars, might be the crack on your exhaust.

Cheers bam will do just that, the aux belt is also squeezing so defiantly needs a change. Could this be a DIY job? I don't think I'm confident enough to attempt it myself but I have some family that know what their doing. Wouldn't mind saving some labour costs :) also any good places to buy a fresh belt?

• Like 1

Cheers bam will do just that, the aux belt is also squeezing so defiantly needs a change. Could this be a DIY job? I don't think I'm confident enough to attempt it myself but I have some family that know what their doing. Wouldn't mind saving some labour costs :) also any good places to buy a fresh belt?

We have them here for the DE engine - http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=77&zenid=f57a3647836b2c4f9018fd6863811b8f :)

• Like 1