Cheap "mod" ($5 or so)-- really makes a difference for lights.

Chromatic

For your Tag lights and Reverse (backup) lights .. These lights are hard to find cause they have a weird part number.. but here are links for them on ebay with numbers.

I just installed them to see how they looked and to help with light for my reverse/backup camera I installed. Much better than I anticipated.

brighter LED backup lights:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

2X T20 7440 7743 992 White 68 SMD Reverse Stop Brake LED Light Lamp Bulb 12V US | eBay

And, tag lights:

http://www.ebay.com/....-/161183353341

Took forever to get here.. But my LED Reverse Lights and Tag Lights arrived.

The Reverse lights weren't the best design.. I had to dissassemble them and pull all the pins and resolder them.. as when I plugged them in they would only work when you "jiggled them".. and with a light in a moving car that's not gonna fly lol. Wasn't a big deal though, took maybe 3-4 minutes .. after the solder fix they are great! The tag lights just plugged right in no issues.

I always try to take at least one or two pictures for the heck of it if anyone is interested in these lights (hey there are only a few dollars)..

Pictures don't do it justice, especially on lights.. but they look much "cooler" something I didn't really expect .. but they are 10 times brighter.

Here's a picture where I left the Driver side reverse light in with the normal OEM bulb. You can tell how much different the color/shades of the lights are.

*The Tag LED's are in of course in this picture as well.

12233298703_ed62a9c16f.jpg

And one final shot of them all in.. Again, they are much brighter than the old bulbs,.. I highly recommend installing these bulbs even if you aren't putting in a Reverse Camera.

12233528414_681eae2795.jpg

Just in case you are wondering.. The tag lights take 2-3 minutes (remove tag) -- use screw driver to push in clip on right side (on my car) and the whole thing comes down.. pull bulb, put new bulb in.. done.

For the reverse lights, they are to the inside of the blinker bulbs.

Easiest way to do this is to pop the hatch.. and look on each side.. you'll see 3 plastic pop off round "covers" of bolts. Pop those 3 off on left side, then 3 on right side. Use 10mm socket.. remove bolts,.. and remove the taillights/brakelight housings.

Then you can easily reach in and pull the reverse lights out and put new ones in.

I say this because I've read some people who posted their "how-to's" on this process.. and they spent like 6 hours and removed their bumpers! :scare: WOW! So I don't want anyone turning a 20-30min job into a monster job hehe.

Edited by Chromatic

• 2 weeks later...

If you take a look at my for sale thread in my signature on the first post I link two some led bulbs for the reverse and fog lights that are led and do ship to the UK :)

Be careful with the Ebay LED's.. I had to RE-Solder 2 of the 4 LED's before they would actually WORK in the connectors due to poor quality control/manufacturing.. Most people would just throw it away and say it didn't work.. AND one of the Tag lights a single sqaure LED patch started flickering on and off.. nothign I could do here except physically remove that square LED (lowering the light output).. I contacted the seller and it's obvious he is very Non English.. had trouble communicating with him about a simple replacement bulb. He kept wanting to give me a full refund and I had to INSIST to just send me a single replacement bulb and not refund me.. He finally understood and it's on the way. ;)