Perfect friggin end to a crappy day......

Jacko

It all sounds to me like the ANPR system is a bit crap.

So rather than do the screamingly obvious and improve the character recognition on the ANPR system (crikey even adobe can read handwriting). They go the long winded way round and try to alter all the number plates that cant be read by it. :headhurt:

Hows about we spend some of that £15 million left over from the speeding fines in upgrading the ANPR system, so that coppers can then spend more time doing what they probably enjoy doing, detecting, preventing and resolving "real" crime.

The answer is of course that like most public bodies they would get crap value for money, not bother questioning it, and the quote for tweaking the ANPR system would probably run to well over the £15 million.

Whereas I can buy a copy of adobe that can read even my squiggly handwriting for less than a couple of hundred quid down at PC world. :thumbs:

The mind boggles

unlucky mate but I did warn you :)

Yeah I know, I knew the risk myself when my other plate cracked....... it just makes me laugh when I see some of the really bad scripts and very offensively spaced plates around!

Thats why I kept it simple and not offensively taking the mick.......

Anyway, no one likes a smart arse! :p

Be happy with your £30 fine :)

Years ago I was bored at College one day and couldn't be bothered staying for the afternoon so I went home at lunchtime - and smashed my car up on the way home (3rd party as well being a student) :lol: :lol:

Years ago I was bored at College one day and couldn't be bothered staying for the afternoon so I went home at lunchtime - and smashed my car up on the way home (3rd party as well being a student) :lol: :lol:

I did that aswell. I went home early and crashed my car in the car park with all my friends watching :blush:

I did that aswell. I went home early and crashed my car in the car park with all my friends watching :blush:

It could have been worse as I had been in court 6 months earlier for careless driving and the sheriff told me that if I was up again I would get banned (somehow got away with 3pts and fine). This accident was once again careless driving :scare: but I managed to deflect attention from myself onto the driver of the van I hit as he had just been told on the phone by his boss that he wasn't insured to drive the van.

It was my civic duty to inform the police officer of this fact :lol:

Had a similar experience in Scotland recently and would have been in real trouble with the sherrif but one of his assistants put in a good word. I was really angry in fact.

I shot the sheriff but I didnt shoot his deputy. :surrender:

:lol: