Sat Nav/Headunit

magrillz

Hi everyone,

Haven't really posted much on here as not actually got a Z yet but am hoping if all goes well to be buying around Feb next year.

As you can imagine I have far too long to wait and have been pondering over the different options and have a question re the ICE.

Regarding SatNav, does anyone know how this works with the Head Unit. I like the idea of the SatNav but would be tempted to change the Stereo Headunit for a Double Din jobbie. I have seen posts that you can get an adapter for the BOSE amps to link up to an aftermarket head unit but wondered where that left you with the Sat Nav.

Would it be a complete nightmare and best to go for one without Sat Nav - Possibly buy a headunit with everything? I quite like the look of the dash with Sat Nav thats all, not the most important factor I know.

Anyway thanks in advance and here's wishing on next Feb (ish)

If you want to change it to double DIN then there are a few around. Alpine seem to have the best range of true iPod ready units, but you will need an interfaace to work it with the rest of the car. You can also use a single DIN with an adapter plate to widen your choice. :)

Thanks Lomoto, I didn't realise.

Wasn't planning on a JDM to be honest but have never really looked into it. Is it what most of you guys do. I was going to stick to a UK car maybe 6-12 months old but want a MY07 so choice might be limited.

I see what was meant now regarding the SAT NAV being useless on a JDM :)

Thanks Lomoto, I didn't realise.

Wasn't planning on a JDM to be honest but have never really looked into it. Is it what most of you guys do. I was going to stick to a UK car maybe 6-12 months old but want a MY07 so choice might be limited.

I see what was meant now regarding the SAT NAV being useless on a JDM :)

If you're going for one that new you may well be able to get the Sat Nav factory option with the car. Plenty take the upgrade now.

If you want to add just Sat Nav after there is the cubby hole you get when not supplied with Sat Nav that is perfect for it. A decent installer should be able to install one well. :)