350z to 370z nismo - for those of you that have done it!

WINKJ

I went from 350Z to Nismo #0093 last July. I owned my 350 outright as I had it from new in 2004. Haven't regretted it - yes it is quite a wedge of money but the car is sublime. I did get a really good deal, financially as I was one of the first to order apparently.

It is difficult to advise others as everyone's financial position is different but I am very pleased with the car.

IMG_0623.jpg

My two pence worth: I've had two previous 370Zs. The Nismo is significantly sharper and nippier and a very good looking car - real head turner. I'd much rather have one than a standard Z pimped up to extreme levels.

Of course you'll get the likes of you know who above finding reasons to insult them but my suggestion is go and drive one. Never driven a 350 myself but compared to my previous Zs the fairly minor bhp hike is misleading. The Nismo feels a lot more pokey to me than either of my previous 370s. Handling is also significantly sharper. As for the exhaust being "crappy" - I think not. I won't be changing the Nismo exhaust whereas I couldn't wait to get the stock exhaust removed from the previous car. It's not the loudest exhaust but it's suitably sporty and looks great.

You might want to look for an ex demonstrator - I've seen a few on Autotrader with reasonable discounts. :)

Cheers, sounds like I really need to go and drive one sooner rather than later then. :)

Got for it! :D You could consider one those 'preferences deals' where you get the option after x years to pay a lump sum or trade the car in for a new one. I think most if not all Nissan dealers offer them alongside more traditional HP.

I could do that, I am looking at this as hopefully the car before I get into a GTR so that would work perfectly as I could PX it in against one... good thinking!

the exhaust.. I have a cobra resonated on my 350 and love it to bits... is the Nismo loud/raspy/quiet?

Exhausts are such a personal thing it's really hard to describe. Put it this way: I hated the sound of the stock 370 exhaust and I loved the Stillen I replaced it with, which some people regard as a fairly quiet system.

The Nismo exhaust is definitely louder than stock 370 and probably reasonably close to the Stillen - maybe a fraction quieter. If you don't want a really loud system you might be happy with it. If you're more towards the Fast Intentions exhaust with high flow cats end of the spectrum, you will find the Nismo too quiet.

I would prefer it to be a bit louder but I can live with the volume it puts out. I don't feel the need to rush out and buy a new system and I'm not slightly embarrassed by it like I was when I returned my previous Z to a stock exhaust for the sale. The Nismo sounds like a sports car, whereas I personally think the stock 370 system sounds like a normal family car!

No idea where you live but if it's anywhere near me (Twickenham, Greater London) you're welcome to come over for a listen.

Whatever happens, if you don't like it you can always change it.

Edited by sipar69